Barack Obama has defended his abortion advocacy record to a rock band member who has been critical of his stance, releasing a boilerplate letter stating, “Faith may also bring us to different conclusions about the issues we face, but these honest disagreements need not divide us.”
“Who does this guy think he is kidding,” was the only reaction from Bradlee Dean, a member of the band Junkyard Prophet and a leader of the You Can Run But You Cannot Hide ministry.
Months ago, WND reported when Dean wrote to Obama, asking him to help restore the high standard of biblical marriage – a bedrock of society for millennia – to the nation.
At that time, Obama, who has openly promoted homosexuality and other alternative sexual lifestyle choices, responded by saying he appreciated Dean’s “perspective.” He said he takes such opinions “seriously.”
In the latest exchange, Dean told Obama “when you took your oath of office, you swore to ‘defend the Constitution of the United States, so help me God.’”
“When it comes to protecting life, you have blatantly disregarded the Constitution you swore to uphold,” Dean wrote. “You also defied God, whom you asked to help you discharge the duties of your office. In specific, you advocate abortion, in direct violation of the Constitution and Common Law, which is based on the Mosaic Institution.”
Dean cited the Constitution’s requirement that a person “cannot be deprived of ‘life, liberty, or property, without due process of law.’” Besides that, the Bible warns that God hates “hands that shed innocent blood.”
Dean cited the statements of Margaret Sanger, founder of Planned Parenthood and a key figure for the abortion industry.
Sanger said, Dean noted, “The minister’s work is also important and he should be trained, perhaps by the Federation as to our ideals and the goal that we hope to reach. We do not want word to go out that we want to exterminate the Negro population, and the minister is the man who can straighten out that idea if it ever occurs to any of their more rebellious members.”
Dean also pointed out that Obama actually referred to an unborn child as a child, before quickly correcting himself and calling the unborn a “fetus”:
See the exchange:
“However, since your oath of office,” Dean said in his letter, “you have advocated abortions on demand to anyone who wants one, and have even forced the American people to support it by using taxpayer money to fund abortions. Your Obamacare plan certainly makes provisions to take the life of innocent children as well. In 2008, you attended a Planned Parenthood event to praise the ‘good work’ they were doing.”
Dean continued: “Your administration has refused to allow abstinence-only programs to be taught to youth, which in turn promotes promiscuity. Promiscuity’s natural effect is unwanted pregnancies – and your administration is attempting to make it easy for teens to get an abortion without parental consent. Mr. President, that is illegal.”
Dean’s list of Obama offenses included:
- November 24, 2008 – You appointed Ellen Moran, the former director of the pro-abortion group Emily’s List, as your White House communications director. Emily’s List only supports candidates who favor taxpayer funded abortions and opposed a partial-birth abortion ban.
- January 6, 2009 – You chose Thomas Perrelli, the lawyer who represented Terri Schiavo’s husband Michael in his efforts to kill his disabled wife, as the third highest attorney in the Justice Department.
- January 23, 2009 – You forced taxpayers to fund pro-abortion groups that either promote or perform abortions in other nations. Your decision to overturn Mexico City Policy sent part of $457 million to pro-abortion organizations.
- February 12, 2009 – You nominated pro-abortion Elena Kagan to serve as Solicitor General (she now serves as a Supreme Court Justice).
- March 11, 2009 – You signed an executive order establishing a new agency within your administration known as the White House Council on Women and Girls. Your director of public liaison at the White House, Tina Tchen, an abortion advocate, became director of it.
- March 11, 2009 – Your administration promoted an unlimited right to abortions at a United Nations meeting.
- April 14. 2009 – Your administration released a document that claims pro-life people may engage in violence or extremism.
- May 5, 2009 – Details emerged about a terrorism dictionary your administration put together in March. The Domestic Extremism Lexicon calls pro-life advocates violent and claims they employ racist overtones in engaging in criminal actions.
- May 8, 2009 – Your budget eliminated all federal funding for abstinence-only education.
- October 19, 2009 – Your serve.gov website promoted the Planned Parenthood abortion business.
- October 21, 2009 – Your administration promoted pro-abortion health care bills.
- November 6, 2009 – You endorsed the House version of the health care bill that, at the time, contained massive abortion funding, rationing and assisted suicide promotion.
- December 17, 2009 – You signed a bill that overturned the 13-year-long ban on funding abortions with tax dollars in the nation’s capital.
- February 5, 2010 – Your administration issued a new order for the U.S. military requiring all military hospitals and health centers to stock the morning after pill.
- March 22, 2010 – You signed the pro-abortion health care bill into law that contains massive abortion funding, no conscience protections, and rationing.
- March 24, 2010 – You signed an executive order purporting to ban abortion funding that leaves taxpayer funding of abortions in place.
- September 30, 2010 – Your administration was exposed as to how it partnered with leading pro-abortion organizations to host an FBI training seminar in August with the main focus of declaring as “violent” the free speech activities of pro-life Americans.
- February 7, 2011 – You rewarded a Catholic group that supported pro-abortion Obamacare with a place on a faith-based panel.
- June 1, 2011 – You denied Indiana’s request to defund the Planned Parenthood abortion business.
- August 1, 2011 – You forced insurance companies to pay for abortion drugs under Obamacare.
- Most recently, your administration has launched an all-out assault on people of faith. Your Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) is forcing religious institutions – such as religious schools and hospitals – to provide abortion pill coverage in their insurance policies for employees.
“Mr. President,” Dean wrote, “I urge you to consider the damage being done to our future generations, one-third of whom are being slaughtered in the womb, making it the most dangerous place to live. Mr. President, I think it’s safe to say that it’s a good thing your mother chose life, as did mine. And for this I thank God.”
Obama’s boilerplate response, dated June 26, 2012, and sent to Dean’s Minnesota address, didn’t address Dean’s challenge at all.
Instead, it boasted that “as a Christian,” Obama believes faith “can play a positive role in our politics.”
He said faith helps people find a vision of the world they want to build.
“It reminds us to love and understand one another, and to treat with dignity and respect those with whom we share a brief moment on this earth.
“The particular faith that motivates each of us can bring us together to feed the hungry, comfort the afflicted, make peace where there is strike, and lift up those who have fallen on hard times,” he continued.
Obama’s letter said, “Our nation’s proud tradition of religious tolerance and diversity is firmly rooted in our founding documents.”
Dean also has been involved in controversies over the delivery of his traditional-family message at high school rallies, and he has sued talk show host Rachel Maddow over her claim that Dean’s ministry advocates death for homosexuals.