When the brief interview ended, Byers immediately chastised his co-host, Lindsay Romano, for booking Elliott and told her he had no use for his copies of “Fool Me Twice,” and she could give them away to listeners.
After extended banter about why Elliott was booked for the show, Byers said that while he thinks Obama is wrong on many issues, he didn’t like “this whole sort of conspiracy” theorizing.
“I don’t mind philosophical differences or pointing out the differences on candidates and where they stand on the issues, but I get a little tired of the hate stuff,” he said. “On both sides – that Mitt Romney’s some evil human being and that, you know, lets people die, or that President Obama is some sort of Manchurian candidate not born here.
“I get tired of it,” he continued. “There are plenty of important things to debate. The economy being chief among them.”
Co-authored with WND’s Aaron Klein, “Fool Me Twice: Obama’s Shocking Plans for the Next Four Years Exposed” forecasts Obama’s second-term policies based on the plans of the progressive groups that have helped craft current White House policy.
Early in the interview, Byers asked Elliott: “If there’s not a mandate to be re-elected, what does [Obama] do in the next four years?”
“Oh, anything he wants to. It’s not going to matter whatsoever whether Republicans control both houses of Congress or not,” Elliott said. “He has already proven that he will use executive orders. He will use the power of his various czars and committees and branches to accomplish piece-by-piece whatever he wants.
“Since we finished the book, we’ve had no less than a dozen others things that have been enacted. We’ve seen the amnesty for illegal youth who came to the country five years ago or more. I mean nothing is going to stop him from carrying out the plans and progressive agenda,” Elliott said.
Byers asked Elliott about health care and other federal programs and concluded the interview by asking about plans to cut the military budget. Elliott explained that the research shows Obama plans to use the military to enforce green jobs.
“There’s a report out there about even training our military to be used in peacekeeping roles against Americans,” Elliott said.
He turned to Romano and asked, “Did you read this book?”
“I’ve got a book for giveaway,” Romano said.
“I have a couple of them you can have,” Byers said. “You felt compelled to book this thing, huh?”
“Yes,” she said.
‘You really don’t like President Obama do you?” Byers asked.
“Well, no, that’s not … ” she said.
“I get a lot of these from you, I mean, my bookshelf is lined up to the bars. There’s stacks of these anti-Obama books that Lindsay orders,” Byers said.
“It’s not that I order them. It’s just that’s what’s being published,” Romano said.
“Excuse me, you really dislike our president do you?” Byers said.
With a touch of sarcasm, Romano said, “Yeah, that’s why, yes.”
“Tell me. She has an agenda here, Zach. I think it’s important to share with the people,” Byers said.
“I do not have an agenda,” Romano said.
“Did I ask you to book this?” Byers said.
“No, I’m just telling you that … ” Romano responded.
“That I asked you book this … ” Byers said.
“That I requested this book,” Byers said. “Did I say, hey, I really wanted to read this?”
“No, that’s not how it works,” Romano said.
“No, I, uh, 875-1340. Can we get a caller here to take it?” Byers said.
“How about both of them?” Romano said.
“If we really want to screw them, we can give them three,” Byers said.
“I only have two copies,” Romano said.
“The first two callers, at 875-1340, will get a copy of, ‘Fool Me Twice’ by the bestselling authors of ‘The Manchurian President’ and ‘Red Army,'” Byers said.
Byers then said he thought “there are plenty of reasons to not vote to re-elect President Obama,” but its the promotion of “conspiracies” he didn’t like, noting he posted on his Facebook page today an item addressing a smear against Republican presumptive presidential nominee Mitt Romney.
Released yesterday by WND Books, “Fool Me Twice” is based on exhaustive research into Obama’s upcoming detailed presidential plans and policies. It examines the specific second-term recommendations of major “progressive” groups behind Obama and the Democratic leadership – the organizations that help craft legislation and set the political and rhetorical agenda for the president and his allies.
Here are a few highlights of dozens of second-term plans uncovered in “Fool Me Twice”:
- Government-funded, neighborhood-based programs to better integrate the newly amnestied immigrants into society, including education centers and health care centers. A “federal solution” to ensure that the amnestied immigrants are treated “equitably” across the United States.
- The re-creation of a 21st century version of FDR’ Works Progress Administration program within the Department of Labor that would oversee a massive new bureaucracy and millions of new federal jobs.
- Specific plans for a National Infrastructure Bank. This entity would “evaluate and finance infrastructure projects of substantial regional and national importance” and would finance “transportation infrastructure, housing, energy, telecommunications, drinking water, wastewater, and other infrastructures.”
- Wresting control of the military budget from Congress by attempting to place an “independent panel” in charge of military spending while slashing the defense budget in shocking ways.
- The vastly reduced resources of the U.S. Armed Forces will be spread even thinner by using them to combat “global warming,” fight global poverty, remedy “injustice,” bolster the United Nations and step up use of “peacekeeping” deployments.
- A new “green” stimulus program and the founding of a federal “green” bank or “Energy Independence Trust,” which would borrow from the federal treasury to provide low-cost financing to private-sector investments in “clean energy.”
- Detailed plans to enact single-payer health care legislation controlled by the federal government.
Aaron Klein is Jerusalem bureau chief for WND and hosts “Aaron Klein Investigative Radio” on New York’s WABC Radio, the nation’s largest talk station. Klein’s program is one of only two weekend shows in the U.S. to make the Talkers Heavy Hundred official list of top American radio shows.
His previous books include “Red Army,” “The Manchurian President,” “The Late Great State of Israel” and “Schmoozing with Terrorists.”
Brenda J. Elliott is an award-winning historian, researcher and New York Times bestselling author. She is the blogger who created RezkoWatch, The Real Barack Obama, RBO and RBO2. She has appeared on hundreds of radio shows, contributed to numerous investigative articles and publications and is the co-author of “Red Army” and “The Manchurian President.”
See the “Fool Me Twice” trailer:
Media interested in interviewing Klein or Elliott should contact Tim Bueler at email@example.com or (530) 401-3285.