(NBC15) — Emergency crews have responded to Stoughton High School after a teacher is injured in a classroom.

According to Dane County Dispatch, a 45-year-old female teacher is being transported to UW Hospital after she sustained chemical burns in a classroom. She was heating a powder when the beaker exploded.

NBC15’s Brady Headington is at the scene. He reports numerous emergency vehicles at the scene.

A Dispatch operator tells NBC15 News some students were transported for smoke inhalation to Stoughton Hospital.

Note: Read our discussion guidelines before commenting.