Finally, last week, someone with star power and a large daily audience had the courage to say it: “If you can’t beat Barack Obama with this record, then shut down the party. Shut it down. Start new, with new people, because this is a gimme election – or at least it should be.”
Thank you, Laura Ingraham. It’s a welcome evolution from your past refusal to call Barack Obama a socialist when your pal, Bill O’Reilly (who continues to play it soft and fuzzy with the Marxmeister in the White House), gave you the opportunity to do so. And the next day, apparently feeling the heat, you asked your audience if it mattered whether Obama is called a socialist or a disaster.
You’re damn right it matters! And it’s not, as Mush McCain would say, “for others to decide.” This is war. It’s time for women to woman up and men to man up. It’s baffling why the truth is so scary to so many people. Baltasar Gracian, the wise and insightful 17th century Jesuit priest, nailed it when he said, “People do not love truth. Instead, they try to make true that which they love.”
And what Republicans love most is to believe that if they can be just a little kinder and gentler to radical progressives in the Democratic Party, those vile characters will respond in kind. Perhaps they should ask Charlie Brown how that kind of naïveté has worked out for him.
If I were advising Mitt Romney (heaven forbid) and his dumber-than-dumb campaign team how to go about defeating Der Fuhrbama, I would suggest they try something novel – like telling the truth. There are hundreds of truths Romney and his team should be conveying nonstop to the truth-starved public, but they are never even mentioned.
A small sampling includes:
- That Barack Obama’s childhood mentor was Frank Marshall Davis, a proud member of the Communist Party USA.
- That Barack Obama openly stated that his spiritual mentor for 20 years was Rev. Jeremiah Wright.
- That Barack Obama has refused to allow his college records at Columbia to be released.
- That no one in Barack Obama’s graduating class at Columbia can remember him – or even remember hearing his name while in school.
- That the Communist Party USA has endorsed Barack Obama for re-election.
- That Barack Obama regularly uses hateful, divisive language such as “If they bring a knife to the fight, we bring a gun” and “We’re gonna punish our enemies and we’re gonna reward our friends.”
- That Barack Obama openly supported the Occupy Wall Street thugs.
- That Barack Obama wrote, in his autobiography, “Dreams from My Father,” that while at Columbia University, he purposely sought out radicals such as “the more politically active black students, the foreign students, the Chicanos, and the Marxist professors and structural feminists and punk rock performance poets” to “avoid being mistaken for … a sellout.”
- That Barack Obama served, along with Bill Ayers, on the board of the left-wing Woods Fund of Chicago (which made grants to ACORN and Rev. Jeremiah Wright’s Trinity United Church of Christ, among others), and later kicked off his political career in Ayers’ home.
- That Barack Obama applauded the “democratic” uprising and overthrow of U.S. ally Hosni Mubarak in Egypt, yet refused to so much as offer a word of encouragement to the pro-American protesters in Iran.
- That Barack Obama had the most liberal voting record in the Senate.
- That Barack Obama violated U.S. law when he handed over effective control of GM and Chrysler to the UAW and stripped bondholders of their legal standing.
- That Dr. John Drew, who knew Barack Obama during his years at Occidental College, has said that Obama made it clear that he was looking forward to “an imminent social revolution, literally a movement where the working classes would overthrow the ruling class and institute a socialist utopia in the United States.”
- That Barack Obama is carrying out the clearly stated communist dreams of his father and making good on his promise to fundamentally change the United States of America.
The list is as long as you want to make it. But you and I already know all of these things, as do millions of other Americans. The problem is that no one is hearing them from Mitt Romney or his ads.
It’s almost as though the Party of Mush has outlawed truth in its campaigns. We witnessed this puzzling phenomenon when Mush McCain ran in 2008, and we’re witnessing it again with Mush II in 2012.
Laura Ingraham has it right. Of course Republicans should be way ahead in the presidential polls, but they’re not. But why? Message to all Republican dough heads: Your problem is that you once again selected the wrong candidate, and you still fall far short when it comes to courage and conveying truth to the public.
At least the Democrats believe strongly and sincerely in socialism (and some believe in communism), and are not shy about openly espousing their beliefs. Good for them for having the courage to fight for something they believe in.
I’ve been talking about the formation of a new libertarian-centered conservative party – one in which a Mark Levin doesn’t lambast a Ron Paul, but embraces him – for years. Of course, that may be legally impossible if Barack Obama is re-elected.
But in the event Romney somehow squeaks out a win, conservatives and libertarians should forget about celebrating his hollow victory and immediately begin undertaking the arduous task of forming a serious third party in plenty of time for the 2016 elections – a party that can field a candidate for the presidency who is not afraid to tell the truth.
What’s amazing is that the Republicans had the perfect candidate right in their midst in Ron Paul, a man who surely would have gotten through to tens of millions of voters with his truthfulness. Sad … very sad.