- Text smaller
- Text bigger
WASHINGTON – The New York Stock Exchange is scheduled to reopen after being closed for two days by the monster storm that hit the Northeast and the nation’s capital, felling trees, downing power lines and blacking out hundreds of thousands.
Meanwhile, the construction site at Ground Zero, where “The Tower” is being built as the tallest building in the city, experienced massive flooding as much of Lower Manhattan did.
Was “Frankenstorm” another “harbinger”? Was it another reenactment of an ancient mystery described in the book of Isaiah, chapter 9, verse 10?
For hundreds of thousands of Americans, this calamity brings to mind the bestselling Christian book of 2012 and the No. 1 faith movie of the year.
The book, by Jonathan Cahn, is called “The Harbinger,” and the documentary based on it is called “The Isaiah 9:10 Judgment.”
Both present a series of remarkable parallels between the judgment of ancient Israel and events impacting America since 9/11.
In January, “The Harbinger” skyrocketed to the top of the New York Times bestsellers list and stayed there by suggesting America is following in the defiant footsteps of ancient Israel as recorded in Isaiah 9:10 by insisting on rebuilding bigger and better without considering what God was trying to tell the country through the catastrophic events of Sept. 11, 2001.
Isaiah records that Israel had known God and yet turned away from Him. Following a devastating attack by Assyria, rather than returning to God, the leaders declared “with pride and arrogance of heart” a defiant pledge: “The bricks are fallen down, but we will build with hewn stones: the sycamores are cut down, but we will change them into cedars.” (Isaiah 9:10 KJV).
“The Harbinger” reveals the startling reality that beginning the day after 9/11, several American leaders began repeating that 2,500-year-old vow, word for word, in speeches in the Capitol. In the film, viewers get to see and hear the actual speeches.
“Having no idea what he was doing, the majority leader of the U.S. Senate [Tom Daschle] was declaring America as under the judgment of God,” Cahn gives as just one example. “It was the reenactment of an ancient mystery – and bore the most grave of consequences.”
In March, WND Films released “The Isaiah 9:10 Judgment” as a documentary follow-up to Cahn’s stunning research revealing the eerie parallels between the reaction of ancient Israel and the national leaders in the U.S. It quickly became the No. 1 faith video in America and has remained in that spot for an unprecedented 32 weeks.
Just this week, for instance, Judson Phillips, the founder of the Tea Party Nation, called “The Isaiah 9:10 Judgment” “stunning” and “an epiphany.”
“Stunning may be an understatement for this video,” he said. “I was in New York a few weeks ago and went to Ground Zero for the first time. I saw that tree and the stump where the sycamore was felled and had no idea of the significance of it. The work you did on this was simply amazing. This is a video every Christian should see.”
Later, he wrote about the movie.
“Every now and then we have an epiphany,” said Phillips. “Suddenly we will come across something that completely changes the way we think about something. … ‘Isaiah 9:10’ is a movie every conservative should view. It is a movie that is geared toward a Christian audience, but whether you are Jew, Christian, Mormon, agnostic or even atheist, this is one movie you should see and the issues should be discussed.”
Janet Porter, president of Faith2Action, also weighed in: “‘The Isaiah 9:10 Judgment’ provides direct, specific, and shocking insight into this moment in America. If judgment can happen to Israel, it can happen to America if the stark and clear warnings go unheeded. It should be played in every church in America before it’s too late.”
Now there are multiple ways you can help spread the word about “The Harbinger” and “The Isaiah 9:10 Judgment” – both making an impact on changing hearts and minds in America:
- If you haven’t yet read the book and seen the movie, you can do so for one bargain combination price only at the WND Superstore – a $49.94 value for only $27.95.You can drive the movie even higher in the Amazon rankings where it has been the No. 1 faith movie or TV show since it came out in March by buying it there.
- If you are not already a subscriber to WND’s monthly Whistleblower magazine, you can get “The Isaiah 9:10 Judgment” and three issues of the magazine for the introductory price of just $4.95. The movie alone on two DVDs retails for $29.95. That’s a $25 savings and a chance to familiarize yourself with the best monthly magazine in America.
- Once you have the book and the video, consider introducing both to your Bible study or your pastor. WND offers a program that permits you to show the movie free in your church to help get the word out to millions more. (For more information about that program, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You should write or call your favorite Christian television network – locally or nationally – and ask those in charge of programming to explore showing the movie. (Just direct them to WND for information on how to secure rights – email@example.com.
- Make sure your local Christian or secular bookstores and video stores are carrying the movie. (Again, if they need information on procuring copies of “The Isaiah 9:10 Judgment,” direct them to the producers at WND – firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Feel free to show your copy of “The Isaiah 9:10 Judgment” to friends, family members and neighbors during the upcoming holiday season. They will find it inspiring and enlightening.
- Already have the book but not the movie? Get it from the folks who made it at WND for the best price.
- Already have the movie but not the book? Get it also from the WND Superstore at reduced price.
See the trailer: