Americans are on edge about the near future. Witness the empty gun stores and the short supply of ammunition. The new year recalls the Y2K readiness craze of 1999.
But it’s not too late to become prepared for the worst. The WND Superstore HOMEFRONT department has many of the products you are most likely to overlook and specializes in providing the guidance to be self-sufficient when crisis inevitably hits – some 56 books, videos and unusual, hard-to-find gear.
The newest and hottest addition to the Superstore is the book “Build the Perfect Bug Out Bag” by preparedness expert Creek Stewart.
If an emergency or disaster hits, are you prepared to leave your home – fast? You will be if you follow the advice in this book. It shows how to create a self-contained disaster preparedness kit to help survive a journey from ground zero to a safer location. Survival expert Creek Stewart details from start to finish everything needed for 72 hours of independent survival – water, food, protection, shelter, survival tools and so much more.
You can buy a kit for twice as much – or make your own specially tailored to your individual needs. All the instructions and advice are here in one place. You’ll find:
- A complete Bug Out Bag checklist that tells you exactly what to pack based on your survival skill level
- Photos and explanations of every item you need in your bag
- Resource lists to help you find and purchase gear
- Practice exercises that teach you how to use almost everything in your bag
- Demonstrations for multi-use items that save pack space and weight
- Specific gear recommendations for common disasters
The book even includes special considerations for bugging out with children, the elderly, the physically disabled – and even pets. A disaster could strike your home at any moment. Are you prepared to face the devastating aftermath? Protect yourself and your family by building a Bug Out Bag today!
Creek Stewart is the lead instructor at and owner of Willow Haven Outdoor, a survival, preparedness and bushcraft school. He specializes in disaster preparedness and has consulted with individuals, corporations, nonprofits and government agencies across the U.S.
What else does the WND Superstore HOMEFRONT department have to help you prepare for the worst?
- “Family Medical Emergencies” (DVD): Every family needs this vital information. It shows you what to do until help arrives — or if it doesn’t come! It includes a free, 24-page Pocket Medical Guide. This “Family Medical Emergencies” program, prepared in cooperation with the American College of Emergency Physicians, was produced to provide viewers with a basic knowledge of what to do immediately following a medical emergency event before trained medical assistance arrives on the scene. Medical emergencies addressed include: bleeding injuries, broken bones, burns, choking, drowning, poisoning, need for resuscitation, roadside ﬁrst aid at the site of a car accident, allergic reactions, insect bites and stings, as well as shock. Medical doctors explain the diagnoses and demonstrate the treatment of each of these emergencies.
- “SAFE: How to Protect Yourself, Your Family and Your Home” by Wayne LaPierre: That’s right! Wayne LaPierre is doing more than protecting your Second Amendment rights. He has also written this encyclopedic book to help you to do everything you can to protect your loved ones, your home, your treasured possessions and your financial future. This year, hundreds of thousands of American families will face natural and man-made disasters, including floods, fires, hurricanes, tornadoes and more. Millions of adults and children alike will be killed or seriously injured in preventable accidents – family crises that don’t have to happen. Millions more will be victimized by criminals, burglars, child predators, identity thieves and scam artists. If you want to take the right steps to prepare and protect the things that are most important to you – your family, your home, your financial future – then you owe it to yourself and your family to read this book. Learn how to prepare your family and home for any potential disaster – including flood, fire, hurricanes, tornadoes and more. Protect against accidents that claim the lives of more than 100,000 Americans each year – accidents that the information in this book can help you prevent. Make your home or apartment more secure – and a less attractive target for burglars and home invaders. Make your valuables harder to fence or sell – and therefore less likely to be stolen. Protect your computer data and other personal information. Ensure that you have the records you need to collect on insurance claims in the event of a burglary or disaster. Avoid scams and rip-offs that could lead to financial disaster for your family. Help your loved ones avoid street crime. Protect your children from sexual predators – online and on the streets. Travel with confidence in backcountry and wilderness areas, and anywhere else in the world, with the full peace of mind that you are prepared to protect yourself.
- “A Nation Forsaken” by defense expert Michael Maloof, a senior staff writer for WND: Scientists and other experts have warned for years that the nation’s electrical grid system, together with other critical infrastructures that have an almost complete dependency on electricity and electronic components, are highly vulnerable to an electromagnetic pulse event, either from natural or man-made causes. However, Congress and the administrations of previous and current presidents largely have ignored those warnings. Events such as the September 11, terrorist attack on the United States, then the devastating Hurricane Katrina and more recently Hurricane Sandy revealed vulnerabilities to those infrastructures, for a time heightened that concern. Nevertheless, none of this was enough to awaken 2001, policymakers who seem more preoccupied with making you less safe by restricting your ability to get firearms. Make no mistake about it: An EMP attack poses the biggest threat to U.S. national and economic security in our lifetime. An electromagnetic pulse attack on our critical infrastructures, either from an impending solar storm of serious intensity expected between 2012 and 2014 or from a high-altitude nuclear explosion, could have long-term catastrophic consequences for our society and our way of life. Make no mistake about it: An EMP attack poses the biggest threat to U.S. national and economic security in our lifetime. This book blows the whistle on it for the first time!
- Second Amendment Range Pack: This one-of-a-kind Second Amendment Range Pack delivers functionality like no other. You are sure to fit everything but the kitchen sink into this extraordinary bag endorsed by the NRA. The main compartment features a hardbound divider that can hold 12 pistol magazines with a host of pockets for tools. It also houses FOUR individual dual-pocket pistol cases with heavy Velcro® backing to keep them securely affixed to the pack’s interior. The center section features 12 more mag holders, a removable electronics pouch and a cord pass-through channel. On the exterior, SIX adjustable pockets are specially designed to hold full-capacity rifle magazines. There is a removable phone pouch and TWO small side pockets to handle various gear. The roomy front pouch even features the Second Amendment printed on its interior – just to show you are serious. Do you still have more gear to store? You’ll find the Second Amendment Range Pack’s MOLLE webbing and interwoven bungee strap ready to handle plenty of custom additions. And it’s easy to carry, thanks to the thick, padded shoulder straps, removable waistband and ergonomic foam back with air channel. In addition to the protection afforded by the water-resistant ripstop outer shell, there’s also a built-in 100 percent water-resistant rain cover to keep all of your expensive gear dry. This pack’s construction quality is second to none and is a favorite of law enforcement and the military, but its versatility, removable pouches and electronics-friendly design are sure to appeal to all.
- Tactical Bands: Historically sold directly to the U.S. military, these handy survival items are now available to you. The idea for the bands originated in WWII as a way for our soldiers and marines to carry emergency cordage into the field with them. They are still in use in Afghanistan The cord can be unraveled to provide the wearer with about nine feet of USA made 550 mil-spec paracord (that can be broken into individual strands for a total of about 80′ of 50 lb test), to make emergency shelters, repair broken gear, tourniquets, thousands of uses. The WND Superstore HOMEFRONT department offers several choices and all colors and sizes. Check out the Ribbon Tactical Single Band and the black with “We the People” Metal Tab.
- Concerned about radiation from a dirty bomb, nuclear attack or nuclear plant meltdown? Here’s the first line of defense: Choose between the ever-popular Radsticker radiation detector or the more sophisticated RADTriage radiation detector. Get these items now, because they won’t be available when crisis hits.
- “Dual Pocket Single Handgun Range Bag”: This bag is designed to carry a single handgun and provides an additional zippered front pocket for storage of ammo for up to four extra magazines. The interior compartment measures 6 1/2 by 11 inches and is padded to provide added protection for your handgun.
- “Key Chain Flashlight with Glock Tool”: This innovative key ring is ideal for Glock enthusiasts but also makes a perfect gift for anyone. The handy, high-quality key ring doubles as a flashlight with brilliant white LED illumination. Also comes with a tool for field stripping a Glock handgun. Rugged and waterproof, the flashlight has hundreds of uses and could offer protection in a frightening environment.
- “Second Amendment Ripstop ‘Shooters’ Cap”: This attractive 1776 Tactical Second Amendment shooter’s cap is made of durable ripstop fabric. One-size-fits-all design with adjustable Velcro® headband strap. You’ll have added comfort at the range in 100 percent cotton, with no irritating metal top button to interfere with hearing protection devices. Handsomely embroidered on the underside of the bill is “SECOND AMENDMENT.”
- “Chamber Indicator Safety Device”: No handgun owner should ever be without this important safety device. This chamber indicator is a safety tool intended to alert an operator that the chamber is unloaded. Use this tool as an additional safety feature when transporting and storing firearms. This device does not protrude enough to disrupt a shooter’s sight picture, but its height is such that it can be easily seen or felt to alert the user that the chamber is unloaded.
- “George Washington Presidential Edition Knife Collection”: This 440 stainless steel sawtooth-blade knife is perfect for hunting enthusiasts as well as knife collectors. This stylish and functional knife can be used for multiple outdoor applications, from hunting to camping. This is a one-of-kind Presidential Collection knife and one of the first in the series of a unique Founding Fathers Collector’s Edition set of knives. Features of this exclusive knife include “George Washington” engraved on the blade, auto-assisted with 1776 logo cutout on clip.
- “James Madison Presidential Edition Knife Collection”: This knife is perfect for hunting enthusiasts as well as knife collectors. This stylish and functional knife can be used for multiple outdoor applications, from hunting to camping. This is a one-of-kind Presidential Collection knife and one of the first in the series of a unique Founding Fathers Collector’s Edition set of knives. Features of this exclusive knife include “James Madison” engraved on blade, auto-assisted with 1776 logo cutout on clip.
- “Storm Warning” (DVD) by Chuck Missler and Gordon McDonald: Know what’s ahead! The coming year promises to be the most challenging opportunity of our lifetimes. Non-linearities are compounding on our personal and national horizons that will test our preparations and our commitment to our callings. Missler and McDonald discuss the lessons learned from Y2K and how they relate to providing a “Storm Warning” for 2013 and beyond. How bad is our government debt? Can we truly grasp the value of a trillion? Has God abandoned the United States? Find out in this briefing.
- “Survive the Coming Storm: The Value of a Preparedness Lifestyle” by Ray Gano: Insane spending by past and current administrations has led the world into staggering debt. Paying back the loans and interest gathered in the attempt to spend our way out of that debt has become impossible. The demise of the dollar is looming, poised to die in a flaming, downward spiral. When it hits bottom, the United States will fall into chaos, plunging to a third-world status. Food, gas and most everything else will become drastically more expensive, coupled with a rise in crime. Hollywood has painted an image of this future as an apocalyptic world filled with mutant, “Mad Max”-type biker gangs and zombies – and the masses have bought into it. In this book, the author refutes this and takes examples from history as well as from a Christian, biblical standpoint showing what you can do to prepare.
- “The Ultimate Storm Survival Handbook” by Warren Faidley: Since 1980, weather-related disasters have caused just over 618,200 fatalities and cost a total of $1.3 trillion. Between the 1980s and the 1990s, weather fatalities jumped over 60 percent. This book gives you all the information you need to be prepared for the storms in your area. Along with clear instruction on preparing before a storm, the book also contains helpful, quick-reference checklists for each storm.
- “Survival: How a Culture of Preparedness Can Save You and Your Family from Disasters” by Lt. Gen. Russel Honoré, U.S. Army, retired, and Ron Martz: It seems as though the frequency of natural disasters occurring around the nation and the world is increasing. Every day, there are new stories about earthquakes, hurricanes, tsunamis and forest fires ravaging some part of the globe. There’s also the threat of terrorist attacks at home and abroad. More than ever before, we need to think about the unthinkable and not depend on government to protect us from harm. Highly regarded as a hero during the Hurricane Katrina disaster, Gen. Russel Honoré was the right leader at the right time. Combined with his extensive and impressive military background, his rugged upbringing in rural Louisiana gave him the experience and know-how in a hurricane-prone environment to lead the Katrina recovery effort. “Survival” is part personal memoir and part account of the events of Hurricane Katrina, but all in service to providing a useful guide filled with practical suggestions on how each of us can effectively respond to catastrophic events. The potentially devastating effects of natural disasters and terrorist attacks should not be taken lightly, and General Honoré explains how our culture has moved far from a mindset to protect our communities from the harm that nature and our fellow humans can do. But we can learn from our experience and history and change our culture into one of preparedness – as long as we have the will.
And still there is more! Check out all the products at the WND Superstore HOMEFRONT department and come back often for new products being added weekly.