It’s that time of the year once again when WND readers submit their candidates for the most “spiked” stories of the year in Operation Spike!
Many news organizations prepare their year-end retrospective replays of what they consider to have been the top news stories of the previous 12 months. But WND’s editors have always found it more newsworthy to publish a compilation of the important stories most ignored by the establishment press.
WND Editor and CEO Joseph Farah has sponsored “Operation Spike” every year since 1988, and since founding WND in May 1997, he has continued the annual tradition.
For the past 13 years, WND has invited its readers to join in and submit what they consider the most underreported stories of the past year.
Last year, WND’s “readers’ choice” picks for the 10 most underreported stories of 2011 were:
- The true rate of unemployment and inflation and the real state of the U.S. economy, which is far worse than reported.
- The Justice Department’s “Fast and Furious” operation, which facilitated the delivery of American firearms into Mexico to violent drug cartels, later used in the murder of hundreds, including a U.S. Border Patrol agent.
- The organizations and money behind the supposedly “leaderless” Occupy Wall Street movement.
- The role of leftwing groups and the Obama administration in the fall of Arab regimes and the rise of Islamic radicals.
- Compelling evidence from multiple experts that the birth certificate released by Barack Obama on April 27, 2011, is a fraud.
- The true mission of Islamic groups such as CAIR and other U.S.-based Muslim Brotherhood-front organizations and their infiltration of the U.S.
- The real impact on the U.S. economy of Obama’s $787 billion stimulus.
- The harmful impact of unions on the American economy.
- The looming potential for an EMP attack on the U.S. and its devastating effects.
- The federal government’s raid of the Gibson Guitar factory.