WASHINGTON – Buying American is in a strong comeback mode. From the airwaves to the water cooler to social media, people are talking about the return of jobs and manufacturing to America.
Today, creating American jobs is – or should be – the nation’s No. 1 priority.
But it’s not so easy to find out what’s made in America these days.
That’s where Roger Simmermaker’s “My Company ‘Tis of Thee” comes in handy.
This book, subtitled, “50 Patriotic American Companies American Consumers Should Know About,” is just that – a guide to businesses serious about doing business in America.
It brings well-deserved recognition to 50 unsung business heroes. Through their economic patriotism, each company has contributed to the resurgence of Buying American by creating, making or selling American products. The companies profiled in “My Company ‘Tis of Thee” aren’t the most well-known to the American consumer but they are at the forefront of generating American jobs, which is essential to regaining and maintaining America’s economic might.
“We vote with our ballots only once every two or four years at the polls, but we vote with our dollars every day at the stores or on the Internet,” says Simmermaker, who writes a regular column on the subject for WND. “In an economy where Americans are increasingly focused on ways to create more American jobs, it’s often easier than we think to keep jobs, profits and the tax base within our borders using the money that we’re already spending. Every purchase that we make produces paychecks for people. By patronizing the companies profiled in this book, we can ensure that more of those paychecks will go to ‘We the People.’”
“My Company ‘Tis of Thee: 50 Patriotic American Companies American Consumers Should Know About” makes it easy to buy American — so there will always be American products left for Americans to buy.
- Have you seen the movie “Machinegun Preacher”? Well, here’s the full autobiographical story of the subject of that movie by Sam Childers himself. It’s called “Another Man’s War.” It’s the true story of one man’s battle to save children in war-torn Sudan. A gun-toting preacher, a rebel army led by a madman – and entire villages slaughtered just because they were in the way. In “Another Man’s War,” follow Sam Childers’ remarkable transformation from violent thug to a man of faith, and his ongoing battle to save children in one of the world’s most lawless areas. It’s an inspiration.
- “Last Supper Artifacts” DVD: Has the Holy Grail Been Found? The legendary Holy Grail, believed to be a relic of the Last Supper of Christ, has captured the world’s imagination for centuries. This simple peasant’s chalice sent the knights of the Crusades across Europe, Britain and the Holy Land in hope of harnessing its mysterious powers. The quest for this ancient artifact continues to this day. Yet after 2,000 years, no one has found the Holy Grail. Or have they? Why, after hundreds of years of silence about the Grail, did the Nazis suddenly decide to launch a search for this relic? Does a British psychologist actually have the Holy Grail in his possession? And if the Holy Grail has been found, can we access its legendary powers? View “Last Supper Artifacts: Mary Magdalene and the Holy Grail” – and find the truth for yourself!
- Here’s a great new price on a video documentary bundle: “Breaking the Da Vinci Code” and “The Search for Heaven”: Get both of these terrific documentaries from the Grizzly Adams company: Everyone wants to know. Is Dan Brown’s bestselling fiction thriller, “The Da Vinci Code” novel, really fact or fiction? Was Jesus really married to Mary Magdalene? Was she one of his disciples? Did they have a child together that became France’s royal bloodline? Did Catholic secret societies hide these and many other secrets about Jesus? Were famous people like Leonardo Da Vinci and Sir Isaac Newton in on the secrets? Did Leonardo try to warn us through “The Last Supper” painting? Based on three bestselling books – “Breaking the DaVinci Code,” “The DaVinci Deception” and “Cracking DaVinci’s Code” – this program solves a 2,000-year-old mystery! “Breaking the DaVinci Code” answers all the lingering questions and finally sets the record straight – through interviews with book authors and the world’s leading experts in archeology, theology, art history, philosophy and science. Meanwhile, let’s face it: Our lives are filled with joy and sorrow, challenges and change – all linked to growing up and growing old. Is the inevitable conclusion to life’s exciting journey the termination of the human spirit and a plot in the local cemetery? Or is there something beyond this life – a spiritual realm of some kind where the soul resides when we lay this body down? Is there really a place called “heaven”? That’s where “The Search for Heaven” comes in. The major religions answer “yes” and accept this as a matter of faith. What if there is proof beyond faith that heaven exists? Do scientific discoveries and cutting-edge research actually prove the existence of heaven? Some believe there is now proof that the place we call “heaven” actually exists. The documentary examines scientific studies, personal testimonies and experiences of those who say they’ve had a near-death experience in which they’ve been to heaven and back. Join us in a serious look at startling new findings that document a place called heaven!
- What’s the evidence “The Star of Bethlehem” has actually been found and explained? Find out in this hot video. From producer Stephen McEveety (“The Passion of the Christ”) comes an amazing documentary on the star of Bethlehem. This presentation has rapidly grown in popularity, as thousands around the world have watched its dramatic revelation of the exciting truth of Scripture and the evidence for God’s existence, as seen in the stars above. Presenter Rick Larson walks you through biblical and historical clues revealing the incredible significance of this celestial event, as well as the vastness of God’s creativity.
- You’ve never experienced “Oliver Twist” quite like this audio dramatization. An audio drama of the highest quality, “Oliver Twist” was recorded on location in London with an award-winning cast. This classic story will steal your heart as the timeless characters are brought to life in Focus on the Family Radio Theatre’s edition of Charles Dickens’ beloved tale. This amazing audio production comes on five CDs, with a bonus DVD that includes behind-the-scenes production footage and the documentary “Modern Day Oliver.” Purchase of the product also benefits Focus’s “Wait No More” adoption initiative. With cinema-quality sound and an original soundtrack, this audio drama tells the story of a young orphan sent from a child farm to begin life in a workhouse. After committing the unpardonable offense of asking for more food, Oliver is sent off to apprentice with a coffin-maker whose wife mistreats him. He runs away to London, where he meets the Artful Dodger and Fagin, who trains kids to be pickpockets. Despite his many trials and hardships, he finally gets his happy ending, bringing hope for redemption to all around him.