(DAILYMAIL) — A five-year-old girl was left close to death after she drank an entire bottle of hand sanitizer at school.

Her case is the latest in a worrying trend of children left seriously ill after drinking sanitizer, with some drinking it on purpose in an attempt to get drunk.

But Leanne Arndt said her daughter ingested the liquid innocently and had apparently done so before – the little girl said her favorite flavor was ‘strawberry chocolate’.

Note: Read our discussion guidelines before commenting.