What’s the definition of irony?
How about a sitting president who, after four years, has provided next to zero validated information about himself demanding that citizens of the United States undergo more federal background checks to exercise their most basic Second Amendment rights?
That’s just one of the outrages I find in the 23 executive orders issued by the White House designed to discourage law-abiding U.S. citizens from purchasing firearms for their own self-defense and to ensure that tyrants like himself have a monopoly on force in our country.
Sure he wants background checks on all firearms purchases. Why? Because the government wants to know where all the guns are. Never mind that the tragedy that prompted this government and media hysteria for more gun control would not have been averted with all the background checks in the world. The shooter stole his weapon.
But turnabout is fair play.
I think the American people deserve to see some background checks on Barack Obama.
Here’s what most Americans would like to see:
- his travel and passport records;
- his academic transcripts;
- his records on how he jumped from Occidental College to Columbia and Harvard Law School;
- the records on who paid for his education;
- his health records;
- his school records that would establish his whereabouts from the time he was 5 until he entered Occidental College;
- his immigration records to determine if he ever gave up his U.S. citizenship during his travels and years living in Indonesia;
- his Social Security records to determine how and why the number he is using was issued by the state of Connecticut, a jurisdiction his official biography claims he never lived in;
- his Selective Service registration records;
- his adoption records;
- and, of course, his legitimate birth records, which, according to the only law enforcement investigation ever conducted on the matter determined those he has produced are fraudulent.
Now, you can agree with me and Sheriff Joe Arpaio on the last one or not. But it really doesn’t matter. In fact, I’m even willing to close the chapter on the birth certificate matter. Though the question remains, how is this guy eligible to be president when he, according to his own story, is the son of a Kenyan goat herder and an American woman too young to bestow natural born citizenship on her son – no matter where he was born? And why all the secrecy about something as innocent as a birth certificate?
But forget that, for a moment. Nobody cares. It’s water under the bridge. Obama has, among other things, successfully redefined the constitutional requirement to serve as president.
Still, Obama has more secrets than any would-be gun purchaser I have ever met in my life. Yet he has Secret Service protection. He obviously sees the value of armed defense or he would dispatch those agents tout suite. He obviously cares about the safety of his own children because they are provided with armed security, too. He just doesn’t think your kids should have any – even if his is provided courtesy of the taxpayers of the U.S. and yours is provided with your own money and time.
So, I say it’s time for Obama to submit to some public background checks.
How is it that with so many secrets regarding his life and identity, he has the cojones to demand background checks on Joe Q. Citizen, who simply wants to exercise his constitutional rights to protect his life, liberty and property?
He wants background checks on me?
My life is an open book.
He wants background checks on you?
Are you asking to handle highly classified documents like him? Or are you just being a responsible citizen and watching out for your family – at no expense to the taxpayer?
I’m shocked that no one else has seen the irony in the only man one could honestly characterize as the “Manchurian President” demanding background checks on ordinary, hard-working, law-abiding Americans to whom he is pledged serve.