Font size: Font face:

This is WND printer-friendly version of the article which follows.
To view this item online, visit http://www.wnd.com/2013/01/time-for-a-special-prosecutor/

BENGHAZI-GATE

Time for a special prosecutor!

Exclusive: Les Kinsolving notes State Dept. negligence related to 9/11 Libya attack

In an Investor’s Business Daily piece on Dec. 26, headlined, “No Accountability for Americans Murdered in Benghazi,” there is the following State Department outrage:

“Eric Boswell, the assistant secretary of state for diplomatic security, has not resigned from the department, as a State Department spokeswoman indicated Dec. 19. Boswell is instead just ‘switching desks,’ according to a report in the New York Post.

“Deputy Assistant Secretaries Charlene Lamb and Raymond Maxwell, and a third who has not been identified, were placed on administrative leave after the release of the report. However, according to the Post, they are expected to return.

“They were found to have shown ‘performance inadequacies’ but not ‘willful misconduct.’

“In other words, they were merely incompetent and didn’t mean for Ambassador Chris Stephens and three other Americans to get murdered by Ansar al-Sharia, a terrorist group with al-Qaida links.

“Last week, spokeswoman Victoria Nuland said that Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton ‘has accepted Eric Boswell’s decision to resign as assistant secretary for diplomatic security, effective immediately.’

“It turns out Boswell gave up only his presidential appointment as assistant secretary, but not his job.

“He has simply moved to another desk at the State Department and is still collecting his paycheck. …

“So far the only person to be punished in Benghazi-gate is Mark Basseley Youssef, the producer of the little-seen Internet video, ‘Innocence of Muslims,’ arrested immediately – and coincidentally, of course, after the Benghazi attack – on an unrelated probation violation.

“The video, mentioned by U.N. Ambassador Susan Rice on five Sunday talk shows, six times by President Obama in a U.N. speech, and by Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, is not mentioned at all in the ARB’s review of State Department performance before, during and after the Benghazi terrorist attack.

“Charles Woods, whose son Tyrone Woods, a former Navy SEAL, was killed during the attacks on our Libyan consulate in Benghazi, recalls that as the bodies of the four Americans arrived at Andrews Air Force Base, Secretary of State Hillary Clinton said that first of all she was sorry and then she said: ‘We will make sure the person who made that film is arrested and prosecuted.’

“So far he’s the only one punished in Benghazi-gate.”

That this life-and-death issue is just not going to go away and fade out – as the Obama administration appears to wish it would – is apparent in questions raised by U.S. Sens. John McCain, Lindsey Graham and Kelly Ayotte in a Dec. 27 Washington Times column, which included the following:

U.S. Sen. Susan Collins, R-Maine, joined with just-retired Sen. Joe Lieberman, I-Conn., to express the following:

The Obama administration has made no apology for its failure to take action to protect the four Americans – including our U.S. ambassador – in Libya.

It has compounded this outrage by continuing to employ those four State Department officials who were once announced as removed because of their relation to this issue.

That outrageous attempt at deception of the American people is why there should surely be appointed a special prosecutor.


© Copyright 1997-2013. All Rights Reserved. WND.com.