- WND - http://www.wnd.com -

Carbon monoxide deadly for snow shovelers

(BOSTONHERALD) — Police are warning drivers to dig out their tailpipes before starting their cars, after at least two people — one of them an 11-year-old boy — appear to have died from carbon monoxide poisoning today, while two other children were hospitalized.

“Most people have never seen this much snow,” Boston police spokeswoman Cheryl Fiandaca said.

The 11-year-old victim was digging out a car with his father on Nazing Street off Blue Hill Avenue about 11:30 a.m. when he got in the passenger side to warm up. He died at Boston Medical Center around midday, authorities said.

A second victim, described as a male in his 20s, was found in a car on Woolson Street in Mattapan about 4:20 p.m. In East Boston, two children, ages 5 and 8, were pulled from a car and hospitalized with carbon monoxide poisoning, police said.