In an era of unprecedented challenges for book publishers, punctuated by layoffs and trimmed publishing schedules, one book is celebrating a major success.
“The Harbinger,” billed as an ancient warning that sees eerie parallels with modern America, has now passed the one-million mark in sales, when most publishers would celebrate even 10,000 copies of a book sold.
Frontline publisher (and Charisma Media mogul) Steve Strang is grateful that the book is resonating with readers on a spiritual level.
“I believe the book is about God warning America as he did ancient Israel, and the parallels are astounding,” said Strang. “I believe the book shows God has a plan for America, and He sees what is going on. For many – especially Bible-believing Christians – the message of ‘The Harbinger has helped to ‘connect the dots’ with the many problems America is facing. If anything, the message is even more urgent than a year ago when it came out.”
A year on the bestseller lists is a staggering achievement, but that’s not all Jonathan Cahn’s runaway bestseller has done. It is an Amazon Top 100 release since January 2012, and a Gold Medallion Award from the Evangelical Christian Publishers Association has helped propel the phenomenon.
Indeed, there has been so much buzz about the book that it has prompted an accompanying product, “The Harbinger Companion.” Just released, the companion and study guide aims to address three areas:
- Teaching – details on the biblical and historical background behind the harbingers
- Exploration – in-depth study questions for individuals, small groups or entire congregations
- Mission – a prayer focus and a Scripture that will inspire readers to pray for our nation
Strang is excited about the companion guide: “It includes a study guide because so many churches were asking for one for small groups. But it is a full book with background information about ‘The Harbinger,’ a map of the places, along with photos, in New York and Washington, and more information on things that have happened since ‘The Harbinger’ was released. The book actually stands on its own, but those who read ‘The Harbinger’ will also find it very interesting and helpful.”
Perhaps most interestingly, “The Harbinger” has become an overall cultural sensation, sitting on the bestseller lists longer than “50 Shades of Grey,” and both Nora Roberts’ and Nicholas Sparks’ new books.
All this attention has actually helped word-of-mouth sales, and has propelled more customers into bookstores, including Christian chain stores.
Chuck Wallington, president of Christian Supply in Spartanburg, South Carolina, likes what he sees: “‘The Harbinger’ by Jonathan Cahn has emerged as one of our top-selling titles over the last year. It is a riveting read, and reminds us of the excitement we saw with the ‘Left Behind’ series years ago. The powerful combination of truth of biblical prophecy, set against the backdrop of a great ‘story’ such as ‘The Harbinger,’ not only engages readers, but also performs a ‘teaching’ function at the same time … what a great combination.”
Cahn, president of Hope of the World Ministries, and Messianic rabbi at the Jerusalem Center/Beth Israel in Wayne, N.J., has been on a whirlwind media tour for a solid year, and the book’s accompanying “The Isaiah 9:10 Judgment” DVD has caused a frenzy among buyers all across the country and, most impressively, is cutting across denominational lines.
Now there are multiple ways you can help spread the word about “The Harbinger” and “The Isaiah 9:10 Judgment” – both making an impact on changing hearts and minds in America:
- If you haven’t yet read the book and seen the movie, you can do so for one bargain combination price only at the WND Superstore – a $49.94 value for only $27.95.
- You can drive the movie even higher in the Amazon rankings where it has been the No. 1 faith movie or TV show since it came out in March by buying it there.
- Once you have the book and the video, consider introducing both to your Bible study or your pastor. WND offers a program that permits you to show the movie free in your church to help get the word out to millions more. (For more information about that program, email email@example.com.)
- Make sure your local Christian or secular bookstores and video stores are carrying the movie. (Again, if they need information on procuring copies of “The Isaiah 9:10 Judgment,” direct them to the producers at WND – firstname.lastname@example.org.)
- Feel free to show your copy of “The Isaiah 9:10 Judgment” to friends, family members and neighbors. They will find it inspiring and enlightening.
- Already have the book but not the movie? Get it from the folks who made it at WND for the best price.
- Already have the movie but not the book? Get it also from the WND Superstore at reduced price.
See the trailer: