(Editor’s note: Colin Flaherty has done more reporting than any other journalist on what appears to be a nationwide trend of skyrocketing black-on-white crime, violence and abuse. WND features these reports to counterbalance the virtual blackout by the rest of the media due to their concerns that reporting such incidents would be inflammatory or even racist. WND considers it racist not to report racial abuse solely because of the skin color of the perpetrators or victims.)
EDITOR’S NOTE: The links and video in the following report may contain offensive language.
Black mob violence comes in all shapes and sizes: Big. Small. Lethal. And now, comical.
That is the overwhelming reaction from in and out of Charlotte, N.C., to what local media are calling a “brawl” at the Carolina Awards Ball.
But what radio personality Al Walsh said was really a “Chair War at a Lesbian Gay Bisexual Transgender Party!!!”
Chair wars took place early Monday morning in a large storage shed where 150 black people were celebrating the results of a ballroom pageant, where prizes in almost a dozen categories were awarded to black men who dressed like women.
One of the contestants, unhappy with the results, threw a chair.
Then, it was on.
In the four minute video spreading online, we see a large woman throwing a table and catching a chair. A man with a hatchet. A taser. Bottles being thrown. Threats. Bluster. And, of course, black men prancing around in women’s clothing.
At his website, Walsh provides his own play-by-play for the video, including the surprising denouement:
[At the 10-second mark] Precious picks up the whole table, chucks it across the room, and then begins her rise to stardom. She blocks one chair with her pocket book, catches another chair one-handed, and then remarkably dodges a third chair with relative ease. The opposition clad in white shirts/red sleeves are noticeably impressed.
3:58 mark: “Mama!!! You was not playin’ with that table, girl!!!” This is the moment that we realize that we’ve been at a lesbian/gay/bisexual/transgender party the whole time. The 1:57 mark, the taser. … it all makes sense now.
Only a few took the violence seriously. Here is a smattering of the mirth, usually provided under cover of screen name:
- “I don’t always participate in chair fights, but when I do I bring a table.
- “If you look closely at 2:10-2:18, the gentleman in the black shirt,black plants, and green hat emerges with at
least one hatchet in his right hand. let the games begin! May the odds ever be in your favor!”
- “I thought the person in the fur at the end of the video had the greatest fashion sense. He should have been declared the winner of the beauty pageant.”
- “Someone stepped on someones Jordans!”
- “The Carolina Panthers are researching the video and are requesting any known contact info about the Hulk in blue.”
- “If they had a president, he would look like Obama.”
- “I’ve analyzed the video and it’s clear that the low-orbitting moon in the blue pants didn’t catch that chair – it used its gravitational pull to reel it in.”
- “Did they get their desposit back?”
- “Precious is so badass! She threw a table, caught a chair, and never dropped her purse. Simply amazing.”
- “YOUR CHAIR CANNOT HARM ME! DO YOU NOT KNOW WHO I AM???!”
Not everyone found the situation funny.
- “As usual. Ignorant ass comments from white “boys”/trolls (because grown men do not sit on the computer and talk sh– anonymously) that don’t have the b-lls to say sh– to the ‘n-gger’s’ faces. Yeah, let’s pretend white people don’t do the same sh–.”
- “This is really embarrassing for me, personally. This just gives homophobes more justification to call us fags and other derogatory names. Just like with over heterosexual black counterparts, when they do stupid shit- they give racist white folk justification for calling us n*66*r$ and so on.”
- “This is insane! Please be mindful that these actions are NOT reflective of the larger LGBT community.”
This is not the first time this event has experienced trouble. In 2011, a fight broke out when the ball was held at the local Doubletree Inn and someone set a fire as well.
Charlotte police are investigating.