- WND - http://www.wnd.com -

No-money-down mortgages are back

Posted By -NO AUTHOR- On 02/02/2013 @ 12:06 am In Money | No Comments

(MarketWatch) It’s 100% financing—the same strategy that pushed many homeowners into foreclosure during the housing bust. Banks say these loans are safer: They’re almost exclusively being offered to clients with sizable assets, and they often require two forms of collateral—the house and a portion of the client’s investment portfolio in lieu of a traditional cash down payment.

In most cases, borrowers end up with one loan and one monthly payment. Depending on the lender and the borrower, roughly 60% to 80% of the loan can be pegged to the home’s value while the remaining 20% to 40% can be secured by investments.


Article printed from WND: http://www.wnd.com

URL to article: http://www.wnd.com/2013/02/no-money-down-mortgages-are-back/

© Copyright 1997-2013. All Rights Reserved. WND.com.