What do you say about a “pastor” who claims Jesus didn’t know everything?
I would say there are some “pastors” in this country who are wolves in sheep’s clothing.
I would say this is an example of what we read in the Bible about men doing whatever is right in their own eyes without concern for God’s clear teachings.
I would say we are living in an age of rampant apostasy.
I’m talking specifically about Rev. Oliver White, who appeared this week on Sean Hannity’s radio show to defend same-sex marriage as biblical.
“I don’t disagree with Jesus Christ, but if Jesus were alive today he would be inclined to say, ‘I didn’t know it all,'” said at one point in the interview with Hannity and Terrence Jeffrey.
There are several astonishing things about this statement:
- Christians believe Jesus is alive today. Without that belief, the Christian faith is meaningless. He was resurrected from death, which He conquered, and sits at the right hand of the Father. Our hope as believers is that we sit with Him.
- Christians believe Jesus was God incarnate. The Gospel of John says, “All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.” Since God is all-knowing, omniscient and omnipresent and the same yesterday, today and tomorrow, it’s blasphemy to suggest Jesus didn’t know everything.
- To suggest Jesus didn’t understand marriage is equally absurd, given He defined it the same way it was defined in Genesis: In Matthew 19:4-6, He said: “Have you not read, that he which made them at the beginning made them male and female, And said, For this cause shall a man leave father and mother, and shall cleave to his wife: and they twain shall be one flesh. Wherefore they are no more twain, but one flesh. What therefore God hath joined together, let not man put asunder.”
- Furthermore, His disciples were even more specific, explaining in Romans 1:26-27, “For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature: And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompense of their error which was meet.”
- Way back in Leviticus 18:22, the Bible tells us: “Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination.”
So now we have people calling themselves “men of God” denying all that God told us about sexual behavior and relationships.
This is not loving one’s neighbor, as White suggests. This is the opposite of love. It is leading them away from God – telling them what they want to hear, refusing to counsel them on what God says.
Here’s what Jesus Himself said about such men on Matthew 7: 14-23: Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it. Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves. Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles? Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit. A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit. Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire. Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them. Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven. Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.”
No wonder our society is lost today when men in collars pretending to be representing the Word and Spirit of God deny both.
Watch the interview with Rev. Oliver White below: