- WND - http://www.wnd.com -
Ann Coulter: U.S. 'finished' if amnesty passes
Posted By Garth Kant On 06/18/2013 @ 8:45 pm In Front Page,Politics,U.S. | No Comments
WND readers know Ann Coulter’s incisive political analysis and keen wit from her weekly columns on this website.
She has warned WND readers about the danger of including an amnesty provision in the immigration bill the Senate is now considering.
We asked her 10 questions delving deeper into the issue to let Americans know just what is at stake and what they can do about it.
Why won’t passing amnesty help Republicans?
Look at California! The state that gave us Richard Nixon and Ronald Reagan is now a state where a Republican cannot be elected statewide. Not even attractive, successful businesswomen like Carly Fiorina and Meg Whitman can beat a tired old dinosaur like Jerry Brown or a dried-up prune like Barbara Boxer. The most beautiful state in the union is ruined, and the greatest nation in history is about to be.
Why will passing amnesty hurt Republicans?
Amnesty will lead to the immiseration of millions of Americans as low-wage workers will be out of work entirely or working at meaningless low-wage jobs. In either event they’ll be required to depend on government to get by. The 30 million Hispanics who already are citizens or legal residents will be in the same boat as the rest of us. Many of them will be earning less and less, unable to get ahead or to assimilate. It’s not just amnesty, but legal immigration that needs to be curtailed to give the mass of immigrants from the last several decades time to make money, get ahead and assimilate to American culture. That’s how you create a Republican: Give him a job. You create a Democrat by giving him welfare. A lot more Americans of all races will need government assistance, thanks to Rubio’s amnesty/mass immigration bill.
If amnesty won’t help the GOP, why are prominent Republicans pushing it?
Because the plutocrats want it. All the rich Republican donors want cheap labor, and their high-priced lobbyists have convinced the stupidest Republicans that it’s a great idea. As Jorge Borjas of Harvard has pointed out, amnesty transfers wealth from the bottom of society to the top. The rich get cheap labor and the bottom third get crappy, low-wage jobs.
Would those in the House leadership do something that harms America just to help their own careers?
Ha! Ironically, if it helps them at all, it will only help in the next few election cycles when they are paid back in large campaign contributions from the plutocrats – Foster Freize, Sheldon Adelson, the Koch brothers, Mark Zuckerberg, etc., etc. But then they will have created a country where Republicans will be a permanent minority and no Republican can ever be elected nationwide. You will notice the smartest members of Congress – Jeff Sessions, Ted Cruz, Mike Lee, Steve King – are categorically opposed to the amnesty bill Chuck Schumer has conned Mario Rubio into flacking.
It’s Schumer’s bill! Why is Rubio the one pushing it? Remind me again: Are Princeton and Harvard Law School (Cruz ’92 & ’95) tougher to get into than a non-accredited community college in Florida (Marco Rubio)?
How will amnesty hurt America?
I’d say being a country where the political spectrum runs from Gavin Newsom to Nancy Pelosi is not a country most Americans want to live in. But we weren’t consulted on whether to turn the country into Mexico. And at best it will be Mexico – with the very, very, very rich doing quite well, attended to by hordes of servants, while the rest of us live in huts and scrape by on less than today’s minimum wage. For a preview of this new country, see California.
How will amnesty hurt illegal immigrants already in this country?
See above – it will hurt all low-wage workers by driving down their wages, making it hard for them to find jobs and requiring them to take government assistance. The rich don’t care, as long as they’re making money. The Republicans don’t care, as long as they win their next elections.(Though many won’t.) Democrats don’t care, as long as the newly legalized illegals all vote for the Democrats.
Historically, immigration has helped America – why is it now hurting our country?
1) As Peter Brimelow points out ALL NATIONS ARE NATIONS OF IMMIGRANTS. STOP CALLING AMERICA “A NATION OF IMMIGRANTS!” Do people imagine the British simply emerged from the mud as proper, common law-respecting, tea-drinking Englishmen? The Romans occupied it, the Normans invaded, Germanic tribes replaced the Normans, the Vikings invaded and a thousand of years later, the Muslims came and wrecked the place. I may have gotten some of the invasions mixed up, but that’s it in a nutshell.
2) As Milton Friedman has said: You can’t have open borders and a welfare state. For roughly the first three centuries of America’s existence, anyone could come here – and good luck to them! If they couldn’t make it, they went home. About 30 percent did. We skimmed the cream of the world! By the time of the American Revolution, this had created something distinctive about Americans, as described absolutely beautifully by Alexis de Tocqueville’s “Democracy in America.”
Even after the Democrats ginned up the welfare machinery, the country maintained the same national character and stayed largely the same demographically because our immigration policy imposed quotas to replicate the nationalities of the people already here. But in 1965, Teddy Kennedy’s immigration act intentionally changed the ethnicity of immigrants to favor those from the Third World and freeze out people from countries that had traditionally sent us our immigrants. Since the late 1970s, more than 90 percent of the immigrants to America have been from the Third World. This has led to wider income inequality, a higher crime rate, more unemployment and on and on and on. The 1965 immigration act was the worst thing that ever happened to this country.
Rep. Bachmann tells us amnesty would end our constitutional republic – do you agree?
Is Mexico a “constitutional republic”? If not, then yes, I agree.
Is there any way to stop amnesty – what should people do?
CALL CONGRESS! There is no issue on which the elites and the people are so divided – but patriotic Americans have been lulled into a sense of complacency. Right now, there is a good chance this monstrosity will become law.
Call NOW and say:
1) We will primary any Republican who votes for this bill.
2) We want absolutely no House bill on immigration! Not even a bill to build a fence and enforce E-Verify. Until the Senate is safely in Republican hands – and preferably Rubio-free – the House should not vote on anything resembling an immigration bill. If it does, the House bill will go to “conference” with the Senate … and come out an amnesty bill. An amnesty bill would pass in the House right now. (It will get the votes of 100 percent of Democrats and enough stupid Republicans, e.g., Paul Ryan.)
If amnesty passes, is it time to ditch the GOP and start a new party? (Or would it already be too late?)
Too late. If the Rubio amnesty bill passes, the country will be finished. There will be no point in fighting for anything anymore. All we will have left to do is take revenge on the people who destroyed this country, starting with desecrating Teddy Kennedy’s grave and moving on to primarying every Republican who voted for it.
Article printed from WND: http://www.wnd.com
URL to article: http://www.wnd.com/2013/06/coulter-u-s-finished-if-amnesty-passes/
© Copyright 1997-2013. All Rights Reserved. WND.com.