(NBCNEWS) — “Glee” star Cory Monteith died of an overdose of heroin and alcohol, according to findings released Tuesday by the British Columbia Coroner’s Service.

His death is believed to be accidental.

Monteith, 31, was found dead Saturday afternoon in a hotel room in Vancouver, British Columbia, where he had spent a week. When Monteith failed to check out on time, hotel staff went to his room around noon and found that the actor had passed away.

  • Text smaller
  • Text bigger
Note: Read our discussion guidelines before commenting.