An outspoken feminist is recruiting women to stop having sex with all Texas men – even their husbands – until the men start voting for the “right” to end an unborn baby’s life with a late-term abortion.
“Don’t give in if your man, boyfriend, husband, toyboy is not voting for your best interests, your reproductive health – do not sleep with that man!” warns Huffington Post contributor Vivian Norris. “I don’t care how cute or charming he is! I don’t care if he is your husband of many years. Resist! Go swimming! Meditate!”
Norris continued, “Do not make him dinner, do not go fetch him a cold beer from the fridge, do not iron that shirt, hell, do not change that diaper … do not make his life a little nicer this summer if he does not ‘get it’ and learn to respect women!”
On Monday, Texas legislators filed a bill to ban abortions after 20 weeks and require abortion facilities to meet basic health and safety standards. The late-term abortion ban reportedly has the support of 62 percent of Texas residents.
Instead of having sex with men, Norris suggested women “volunteer some time for senators like Wendy Davis, go with a group of women to Austin and make your voices heard. Get on the computer and the social networks and organize.”
Davis is a pro-abortion Democrat legislator who has received the “Champion for Children Award” from the Equity Center. Just last week, in an 11-hour filibuster, she successfully blocked a bill banning late-term abortions in Texas. Gov. Rick Perry called for a special session to pass the ban.
In her sex-strike plea blasting Texas for being a “patriarchal” state, Norris wrote, “Remember what happened last time when a Texas good ole boy governor took that patriarchy all the way to become president of the United States. Stop the damage now and take back Texas.”
She suggested pro-life women are merely oppressed and harming their female peers with their judgment and beliefs: “These women, like women who hurt other women everywhere by criticizing and judging them, need to wake up as well. Women hurting other women is suicidal. Women who play into the hand of patriarchy need to be shown the way out of that prison.”
Norris fumed, “This may sound a bit extreme and some will say sex should not be used as a ‘weapon’ but let’s get real, this is Texas, and men in Texas who have not woken up and smelled the coffee simply do not deserve any loving.”
She took yet another jab at pro-life men: “I mean they really do not respect nor listen to women. There is a breed of Texas male who simply does not hear women. Women’s voices remind them of terrorists.”
Reaction to Norris’ column was mixed. It received several hundred comments, including the following:
- You mean women should be responsible for their sexual activity instead of making the unborn pay for their mistakes? Fascinating logic
- Why should opposing abortion mean hating women? I would tend to think that if it were a gentleman he would ask his girlfriend, if pregnant, to marry him. If he hates her, he would head with her to the abortion clinic.
- Women do not NEED men. For you women that just can’t come out from under, we understand and forgive you and we want you to know we will support your best interests and do our best to protect you and your children from bigoted selfish men.
- Since when has loving, passionate sex between consenting adults come to be viewed as a “weapon” against their partner? A “sex strike” is a destructive, passive aggressive behavior of abuse, designed solely to punish a partner regarding their difference(s) of opinion and or conformity. How is that possible in a “loving” relationship? Just as damaging, such hurtful propaganda also leaves legitimate women’s issues open to rebuke as simply being “sexist temper tantrums” of an immature personality.
- Instead of blaming men, blame the real cause. It is religion. It’s easier to blame men then it is to say it’s Christianity that causes this.
- Women have always had a choice. Have they just discovered this? That in itself shows great improvement.
- I guess this is a good thing. Fewer pro-choice women having sex means fewer abortions!
- Men are just scared. It’s about time. When they are finally told that they are too irrational, hysterical, and uneducated to make their own decisions, then they will understand the plight of women.
- Wow. You must really not know any Republican women. We are strong and we are not controlled by our husbands. We wear what we want and do what we want. We just like a partner who has the same family-based morals we have. And we love our babies from conception – enough so we would put them up for adoption before aborting them.
- Women from Texas need to start emigrating and asking for political asylum in other states. There is no more for them in Texas than there is in Afghanistan or Pakistan where the Taliban murders them for grocery shopping. These criminals need to become extinct forever. Denying them a beer, a donut or even sex for a week or two is not enough. They will pass legislation making it illegal for wives to withhold sex from their husbands, and claim it is “god’s law.” These people need to have their existence erased from the face of the earth, forever.
- This is one of the most ridiculous articles I have ever read. This is infantile. If my wife or girlfriend said no sex unless I instantly change my stance on abortion, I would walk out the door never to return.
- Considering all the single liberal women, it looks like men have already stopped marrying them.