- Text smaller
- Text bigger
NEW YORK – On the one-year anniversary of the deadly attack in Benghazi, Libya, the authors of a new book are recommending impeachment hearings to get to the bottom of what happened at the fated U.S. special mission.
“You are about to be introduced to the real Benghazi scandal,” write authors Aaron Klein and Brenda J. Elliott in their latest book, “Impeachable Offenses: The Case to Remove Barack Obama from Office”
“This is the Fast and Furious of the Middle East, the Iran-Contra of the Obama administration,” continue Klein and Elliott.
The book contains a full chapter on Benghazi.
“This chapter alone should result in the immediate impeachment of Obama,” write the authors.
“One would be hard pressed to find a more significant impeachable offense than aiding and abetting the sworn enemies of the United States, especially when any such support includes sending weapons to our murderous adversaries.”
“Impeachable Offenses” exposes new information about what was transpiring at the U.S. Benghazi mission, secretive activities involving murdered Ambassador Chris Stevens himself that may have precipitated the terrorist attacks.
Exposed is a policy of running weapons to the al-Qaida-linked rebels in Libya and an unprecedented State Department MANPAD collection effort headquartered in Benghazi with the aim of re-distributing those weapons to rebels in Syria.
The book further documents the Obama administration could have sent an emergency response team to Benghazi but decided against it after command of that team was transferred in the middle of the night.
Among the many other revelations on Benghazi, “Impeachable Offenses” relates the shocking reason Stevens went to the unsecured compound the day of the attacks and how the president and top administration officials deliberately and repeatedly lied to the American public about the events of the jihadist assaults.
Here’s what ‘consulate’ really was
Information surrounding the Sept. 11, 2012, attack against the U.S. mission in Benghazi has been so distorted by the Obama administration and so misreported by the news media that many Americans still don’t have the most basic of facts straight, argue Klein and Elliott.
The vast majority of all news media coverage worldwide refers to the attacked U.S. facility as a “consulate,” even though the government itself has been careful to call it a “mission.”
“Impeachable Offenses” cites government documentation along with inside information and Middle Eastern security sources describing the Benghazi mission as a headquarters for coordinating aid, including weapons transfers, to the Mideast rebels.
The book cites information that weapons shipments to Libyan and Syrian rebels were coordinated with Turkey, Saudi Arabia and Qatar, with the munitions being carefully purchased with Arab and Turkish funds to skirt laws about the accountability of U.S. funding for CIA and other intelligence operations.
The weapons shipments to the rebels took place while the Obama administration flatly denied it was involved in any such transfers, the book shows.
The book further details the State Department set up the mission in such a way that it exempted the obscure facility from specific government security oversight.
“Impeachable Offenses” shows Stevens himself played a central role in recruiting jihadists to fight Syrian President Bashar al-Assad’s regime.
Stevens served as a key contact with the Saudis to coordinate the recruitment by Saudi Arabia of Islamic fighters from North Africa and Libya, according to Klein and Elliott. The jihadists were sent to Syria via Turkey to attack Assad’s forces, said the security officials.
Reason for Benghazi attack? Cover up?
After arming the Libyan rebels to help topple Moammar Gadhafi’s regime, the book details an unprecedented State Department MANPAD and weapons collection effort in Benghazi that saw U.S. experts attempt to regain the weapons from extremist rebels.
“Impeachable Offenses” raises questions about whether the extremists attacked the U.S. Benghazi facility from which the collection effort was being coordinated in order to thwart the weapons retrievals.
The book further details an alleged cover up that extended beyond the editing of talking points to the question of why a rapid response unit located in Croatia was not deployed the night of the attacks.
Klein and Elliott warn the possibly illegal transfer of weapons and aid to Middle East rebels is clearly resulting in a newly emboldened al-Qaida.
The authors note militants behind the Benghazi attacks to the brazen assault on an Algerian gas complex last year were foreigners, including Americans, were employed. In the Algerian assault, a group called Al Qaeda in the Islamic Maghreb laid siege for four days to the gas complex, with the four day ordeal Algerian forces ending in the deaths of at 38 hostages and 29 kidnappers after Algerian forces stormed the compound.
Book makes impeachment case
Klein and Elliott bill their book as a well-documented indictment based on major alleged violations.
Among the alleged offenses enumerated in the book:
- Obamacare not only is unconstitutional but illegally bypasses Congress, infringes on states’ rights and marking an unprecedented and unauthorized expansion of IRS power.
- Sidestepping Congress, Obama already has granted largely unreported de facto amnesty to millions of illegal aliens using illicit interagency directives and executive orders.
- The Obama administration recklessly endangered the public by releasing from prison criminal illegal aliens at a rate far beyond what is publicly known.
- The president’s personal role in the Sept. 11, 2012, Benghazi attack, with new evidence regarding what was transpiring at the U.S. mission prior to the assault – arguably impeachable activities in and of themselves.
- Illicit edicts on gun control in addition to the deadly “Fast and Furious” gun-running operation intended, the book shows, to collect fraudulent gun data.
- From “fusion centers” to data mining to drones to alarming Department of Homeland Security power grabs, how U.S. citizens are fast arriving at the stage of living under a virtual surveillance regime.
- New evidence of rank corruption, cronyism and impeachable offenses related to Obama’s first-term “green” funding adventures.
- The illegality of leading a U.S.-NATO military campaign without congressional approval.
- Obama has weakened America both domestically and abroad by emboldening enemies, tacitly supporting a Muslim Brotherhood revolution, spurning allies and minimizing the threat of Islamic fundamentalism.