It’s that time of the year once again when WND readers submit their candidates for the most “spiked” stories of the year in Operation Spike!
Many news organizations prepare their year-end retrospective replays of what they consider to have been the top news stories of the previous 12 months. But WND’s editors have always found it more newsworthy to publish a compilation of the important stories most ignored by the establishment press.
WND Editor and CEO Joseph Farah has sponsored “Operation Spike” every year since 1988, and since founding WND in May 1997, he has continued the annual tradition.
For the past 14 years, WND has invited its readers to join in and submit what they consider the most underreported stories of the past year.
Last year, WND’s “readers’ choice” picks for the 10 most underreported stories of 2012 were:
- Vote fraud
- The findings of Sheriff Joe’s Cold Case Posse
- Obama’s real agenda for the next four years
- What was really going on at the Benghazi U.S. mission?
- Black attacks on whites
- The feds’ unwillingness to prosecute HSBC’s massive fraud and support for terrorists and the drug cartel
- The real cost of Obamacare
- The National Defense Authorization Act, which allows for the indefinite detention of U.S. citizens.
- The real unemployment numbers
- Fast and Furious