He was, without doubt, the most influential Jew who ever lived.
He was, without doubt, the most controversial Jew who ever lived.
He has been called a rabbi, a rebel, a reformer, a religious teacher, a reprobate sinner, a revolutionary, a redeemer. Some have claimed he was a magician, others the Messiah. Some say he was a deceiver; others say he was divine.
Who is this Jesus-Yeshua, and why are we still talking about him 2,000 years later?
Two years ago, a prominent Orthodox Jewish rabbi, Shmuley Boteach, presented a new version of Jesus, a “Kosher Jesus” that Jews could accept. According to Michael Brown, a messianic Jew and the author of a new book, “The Real Kosher Jesus,” by reclaiming Yeshua as a fellow Jew and rabbi, Boteach took a very major and truly wonderful step in the right direction. But by re-creating Jesus, Boteach also robbed him of his uniqueness.
Brown’s “The Real Kosher Jesus” takes you on a journey to uncover the truth. It is a journey filled with amazing discoveries and delightful surprises, a journey that is sometimes painful but that ends with joy, a journey through which you will learn the real story of this man named Yeshua: the most famous Jew of all time, the Jewish nation’s greatest prophet, the most illustrious rabbi ever, the light of the nations – and Israel’s hidden Messiah.
It’s a story unknown to most Jews and most Christians.
The reviews are strong:
- “Michael Brown is a compelling voice in the critically important debate over the true identity of Jesus of Nazareth.” – Lee Strobel, New York Times bestselling author of “The Case for Christ”
- “‘The Real Kosher Jesus’ explains with real clarity how Jesus as a Jew makes sense – biblically, historically, and theologically. It is a pleasure to recommend this work for any who are just curious about him and his relationship to Judaism.” – Darrell Bock, Ph.D., research professor of New Testament studies, Dallas Theological Seminary, and author of “Blasphemy and Exaltation in Judaism”
- “Will the real kosher Jesus please stand up? Is he a great Jewish rabbi? Or is he the Son of God? Now we know the truth, thanks to this groundbreaking book by Dr. Michael Brown.” – Sid Roth, host of “It’s Supernatural!”
- “Michael Brown excels as a true scholar as well as an apologist; his answers to objections are carefully thought out, honest and well researched.” – Craig Keener, Ph.D., professor of the New Testament at Asbury Theological Seminary and author of “Miracles: The Credibility of the New Testament Accounts”
- “Dr. Brown powerfully details why Yeshua is the Messiah, arguing his point from both Testaments and bolstering his arguments with the extensive use of Jewish sources, both modern and rabbinic. This book is a must read for all those who care about God’s chosen people.” – Mitch Glaser, president of Chosen People Ministries
Brown holds a Ph.D. from New York University in near eastern languages and literatures and is recognized as one of the leading messianic Jewish scholars in the world today. He is the founder and president of FIRE School of Ministry, host of the nationally syndicated daily talk radio show “The Line of Fire” and the author of more than 20 books. He is a contributor to The Oxford Dictionary of the Jewish Religion and other scholarly publications.