A mysterious four-word tweet by Internet news hound Matt Drudge has some people wondering if the founder of the popular Drudge Report knows something crucial the rest of the nation needs to know.
His cryptic message on Twitter Jan. 24 reads: “Have an exit plan … ”
The short note has no other explanation, but it comes in a series of tweets both before and after which include messages such as:
- “My biggest fear as editor of Drudge Report is people are slamming off all news and politics. Disgusted, frustrated … and going off the grid.” (Jan. 16)
- “Only in a fading nation would it become WHERE to store gov’t spying on its citizens. Any free people would demand it STOPPED and DESTROYED!” (Jan. 19)
- “They are going after the Obama critics with indictments. VA Gov. Now Dinesh D’souza. Holder unleashing the dogs…” (Jan. 23)
- Holder dangling ‘indictments’ over News Corp’s head too. Behavior modification… http://t.co/O2fwJO7xty (Jan. 23)
- “Have an exit plan … ” (Jan. 24)
- “Ran a mile in 7-minutes this morning, imagining Michelle Obama was chasing me with a long needle and syringe…” (Jan. 28)
The direct responses on Drudge’s comment about having an exit plan include:
- “That is to be expected by us conservatives but Matt saying exit plan… Does he know something?”
- “Everything is fine. Nothing to see here. Dear Leader is making the rain and feeding the young. Back to work.”
WND has contacted Drudge to see if he has any further explanation to what he specifically meant with his tweet.
Online blogger Mac Slavo is among those taking note of Drudge’s tweet, saying the warning, while cryptic, may be the result of direct insider information.
“Considering he once nearly brought down the Clinton administration by revealing the president’s indiscretions with a White House intern, one could make the case that if anyone has legitimate sources pouring in from across the world it’s Matt Drudge,” Slavo writes.
“Could his warning be for stock market investors regarding foreknowledge of an imminent collapse of financial markets in the United States, China and Europe?
“Or has Drudge’s access to insiders in key positions given him the ability to connect the dots for an event that may occur in the near future? Few may recall, but just three weeks ahead of the September 11th attacks, Drudge headlined warnings of possible strikes on U.S.-based targets, so there may well be a credible insider source for his most recent warning as well.”
Slavo goes on to note that while Drudge’s latest comments could be referring to anything, “given the types of stories he’s covered in recent years we could make the case that he is referring to worst-case scenarios.
“His exit plan warning may encompass any number of potential scenarios such as a coming shock to financial markets, evacuating major cities in an emergency, preparing for the destruction of our currency, or having a way to get out of the United States in the event of a Soviet-style purge.
“Whatever the case, Matt Drudge understands that his views and comments are followed by hundreds of millions of people worldwide, thus we are confident that he would not publicly issue such a warning unless he has access to credible information that supports his claims. That being said, we urge readers to remain vigilant.”