(KHOU-TV) — HOUSTON – A fisherman, who suffered a seemingly minor scrape during a Sunday outing on Lake Conroe, has died from an infection of flesh-eating bacteria.

Travis Lee Moore, a 74-year-old retired postal worker and former firefighter from the Southeast Texas town of Chester, succumbed only five days after a fishing trip with four of his brothers.

“It was a scrape on the top of his hand, on his finger,” said his brother, Robert Moore of Woodville.

  • Text smaller
  • Text bigger
Note: Read our discussion guidelines before commenting.