WASHINGTON – WND is searching for the perfect candidate to support its book division, WND Books, a history-making publishing company that boasts the highest percentage of New York Times bestsellers of any book publisher in the world.
The position requires relocation to our Washington-area office, working side-by-side with our editorial director. It carries a full load of benefits including health, dental and vision.
The production editor liaises with free-lance copy editors, proofreaders and authors and provides administrative support to the editorial director by entering title information into systems, routing materials to other departments and maintaining publishing schedules and status reports.
The person in this position is responsible for coordinating and reviewing all stages of texts from manuscript to book blues, as well as cover copy and EPUB files for the WND Books imprint. Good organizational skills are a must.
In addition, the production editor works closely with a print broker to coordinate the production and manufacturing of trade books (first printings and reprints). This position reports to the editorial director and works closely with the creative director to produce high-quality books on schedule.
Please apply only if you meet the following requirements:
- 4-year college degree or equivalent work experience
- Minimum of two years prior copy editing, production editorial and/or managing editorial experience
- Familiarity with Chicago Manual of Style
- Strong copy editing and proofreading skills
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to prioritize multiple projects
- Extremely detail- and accuracy-oriented and able to manage tight schedules
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
- Knowledge of electronic copy editing and Adobe Acrobat Pro is a plus
- Cost-estimating, production scheduling, commissioning and working with freelancers and proof trafficking
- Working closely with printers and print brokers and manage supplier performance to ensure schedule, quality and budget requirements are met.
- Communicates effectively and prioritizes to meet deadlines
- Works independently as well as collaboratively
Resumes and cover letters should be emailed to Geoffrey Stone at [email protected]