It gets worse every day.
Now we learn Barack Obama’s unilateral decision to trade five battle-hardened Taliban commanders, directly responsible for the deaths of thousands, for deserter-collaborator Bowe Bergdahl was unanimously rejected by both houses of Congress, including the Democrat-controlled Senate, when the proposal was brought to Congress in 2011 and 2013.
Following that rejection, administration officials publicly and repeatedly vowed to return to Congress before taking any final action.
In other words, not only was this an egregiously bad decision to yield to terrorist demands, thus providing incentives for future kidnappings of Americans, but it was yet another example of Obama deliberately defying the will of Congress and the rule of law – something his administration has been brazenly saying it will do more frequently. However, those actions and threats have always been directed at Republican opposition in the House. In this case, according to Sen. Saxby Chambliss, R-Ga., there was unanimous opposition to the plan in the Democrat-controlled Senate.
Obama is truly acting like a dictator.
Can America take over two more years of this?
Here’s what Obama has done with this deal:
- freed virtually without conditions five top bloodthirsty terrorist leaders, ensuring they will kill again;
- placed a bounty on the head of every American, especially those in the military service, as terrorist bargaining chips to free more captives;
- brought home a U.S. Army deserter who appears to have become himself an active and trained jihadist and a danger to everyone;
- attempted to turn this deserter-defector into a national hero and, soon, a celebrity who will be offered high-paying book and movie deals, saying Bowe Bergdahl “served the United States with distinction and honor”;
- dishonored at least half a dozen American soldiers who gave their lives attempting to rescue Bergdahl;
- set yet another Constitution-defying precedent in which the White House has defied the expressed will of the Congress where it has legal decision-making authority;
- single-handedly reversed a decades-long, bipartisan national security policy against negotiating with terrorists;
- given the enemy Americans and allies have been fighting and dying for in Afghanistan for 10 years a victory that is being celebrated throughout the jihadist world;
- given aid and comfort to the enemy and surely shaken the confidence of freedom-loving Afghanis who know Americans will be leaving their country on a politically motivated timetable announced by Obama days earlier.
Do I need to go on?
Maybe you’d like to add to this list.
I don’t have the stomach for it.
Obama is a disgrace to his country and the Constitution he swore an oath to uphold. He’s making a mockery of the presidency and the virtues of honesty, openness, accountability, loyalty, fidelity and patriotism.
Would you encourage your son or daughter to consider military service while this man continues to pose as commander in chief? I know I wouldn’t.
What would they be fighting for? The whims of Obama?
This is a game-changer.
Yet it isn’t entirely unexpected. That’s the scariest part of this story. We’ve seen Obama do so many things in his nearly six years in office that telegraphed this atrocity.
- The wanton abuse of the IRS to target his domestic political critics
- Gunrunning to the Mexican drug cartel
- Spying on journalists
- Neglect of the borders and the punishing of states that don’t
- Abject neglect of the medical care of America’s veterans
- Rewarding friends with big government contracts
- Spying on all Americans in unprecedented ways
- The general abuse of executive powers
- Purging military leaders to remake America’s defense structure in his own image
- The building of a police state structure while attempting to disarm Americans
Where does this end?
Where’s the resistance?
Where are the checks and balances?
Why is Congress standing idly by?
Where’s the accountability?
Media wishing to interview Joseph Farah, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.