WASHINGTON – The idea of impeachment Barack Obama is gaining steam.
Nearly every day, another member of Congress or other prominent voice comes forward in recognition of the obvious fact that Obama has committed numerous high crimes and misdemeanors for which the Constitution offers the solution – impeachment.
Yet many members of the media and the Washington establishment will still tell you it’s impractical, politically impossible, counterproductive for the health of the nation, dangerous and so on.
The WND Impeachment Program is a step-by-step campaign to build momentum for impeachment in 2014, as an election issue, with the idea of pushing the newly constituted House of Representatives to start the process in 2015.
“I was active in the campaign to impeach Bill Clinton in the 1990s,” said Joseph Farah, founder of WND.com. “I heard all of the excuses back then, too. They said it couldn’t be done. I remember when only one member of Congress was even talking about it. Everyone thought Bob Barr was nuts for raising the issue. But Clinton was impeached and Bob Barr was one of the impeachment managers. It can be done again. It must be done again, if we are to save this country from disaster.”
So what’s the plan?
- Sign the petition for impeachment. This is an important first step. Encourage your friends and family members to do so also. It’s quick, easy and doesn’t cost a thing. In addition, you will be kept posted on all the developments as the impeachment ball continues to roll.
- There’s only one political action committee devoted to the cause of impeachment – Takeover SuperPAC. Support that independent effort to help get the right candidates elected this year.
- Arm yourself with information so you can become an effective advocate of impeachment on talk radio, tea party rallies and in discussions with family and friends. The WND Superstore has created an impeachment department with some important books – the groundbreaking “Impeachable Offenses” by Aaron Klein, now available at a super discount; “The Case for Impeachment,” the earliest special report done specific to Obama; and one more book that explains, in vivid and fascinating detail from the inside out how Clinton was successfully impeached by the House – “Catching Our Flag” by House impeachment manager James Rogan.
- Then there are the fun, little things we can do to help create an impeachment culture across America. Check out the most popular impeachment bumper stickers. And how about the card game “Scandal,” in which you help draft the articles of impeachment.
- One more thing: Nothing will prepare Congress for impeachment in 2015 better than the new WND Pink Slip Campaign, version 2014. In 2009, a similar campaign bombarded members of Congress with more than 9 million pink slips that led to the 2010 electoral revolution, giving Americans a simple tool to express their frustration and outrage at the direction of the country. It’s back this year for another try. It’s a vehicle for changing the political culture inside the Capitol.