Controversy surrounding the Sept. 11, 2012, Benghazi attack is poised to return with a “vengeance” this month, threatening political headaches for President Obama and Hillary Clinton, warns MSNBC.com.
The news channel’s website specifically fingered a new book by radio host and WND reporter Aaron Klein, “The REAL Benghazi Story: What the White House and Hillary Don’t Want You to Know,” as being in part responsible for the renewed Benghazi publicity.
Also mentioned is the upcoming anniversary of the attack as well as the jumpstart of the special House committee investigating Benghazi when Congress returns from its August recess.
Klein’s book promises “to blow the lid off” of the issue and provide “shocking,” “devastating” and “mind-blowing” new details of the Benghazi attack.
MSNBC.com said: “Klein’s audience is undoubtedly the already converted, but three of his previous books have made it to the New York Times bestseller list, and his latest is easy fodder for the conservative echo chamber.”
The news channel reports Klein is launching a book tour in New York and Washington, and quotes the author’s publicist, Maria Sliwa, as stating Klein “has interview commitments with top-tier cable, radio and print outlets.”
It reports the renewed interest in Benghazi is expected to cause “a headache for the teams surrounding Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama.”
Klein’s extensively sourced book breaks news on significant issues related to the Benghazi attack.
A sampling of what the publisher says is contained in the book:
- Everything is covered from the secretive activities transpiring inside the doomed facility to shocking new details about the withholding of critical protection at the U.S. special mission.
- Hillary Clinton’s personal role in the Benghazi scandal.
- Information that raises new questions about what really happened to Ambassador Chris Stevens that night.
- Answered for the first time is why the State Department hired armed members of the al-Qaeda-linked February 17 Martyrs Brigade to “protect” the facility.
- New reasons are revealed for not sending air support or Special Forces during the assault, while extensively probing jihadist groups behind the attack.
- How Benghazi has implications that go beyond the Sept. 11, 2012, attack and may have created major national security threats we now face, fueling conflicts from Mali to Syria to Gaza and beyond.
The book is slated for release Sept. 9, two days before the second anniversary of the Benghazi attack.
See a trailer: