WASHINGTON – Imagine a candidate for the U.S. Senate who is more anti-establishment than Trump and has been proving it for more than 20 years as a judge and even chief justice of his state’s Supreme Court.
Imagine he’s got higher name recognition in his state than perhaps any other public figure.
Imagine that he’s running in a conservative state to replace the vacancy left when Jeff Sessions became U.S. attorney general.
You don’t have to imagine such a scenario, because it’s true.
Judge Roy Moore, “the Ten Commandments Judge,” is running in the Aug. 15 Republican primary to fundamentally transform the U.S. Senate.
But he wants those ready to cheer the possibility of “Sen. Roy Moore, R-Alabama” to know he faces some opposition from the GOP establishment – not just the hard left.
For starters, he says, they’re threatening to blacklist any political consultants who help him with his campaign. And they’ve pledged a down payment of $3 million in ad buys against him.
What will he do if he defies all the odds, the money train, the media, the Republican power brokers and wins?
- Finding and rooting out radical Islamic terrorism wherever it creeps before more innocent life is lost;
- Repealing Obamacare 100 percent and getting the federal government out of the business of health care;
- Defending our God-given right to keep and bear arms enshrined in the Second Amendment to the U.S. Constitution;
- Ending the scourge of illegal immigration and securing our borders;
- Returning American manufacturing to our nation and bringing jobs back to Alabama by rescinding unfair “free-trade” agreements which have severely damaged our economy through loss of jobs and skill development;
- Slashing taxes and cutting spending to reduce the deficit and enable economic growth and a truly “stimulated” economy;
- Protecting the unborn by ending taxpayer funding of abortion and passing a Life at Conception Act to end abortion in America once and for all;
- Standing up for the 10th Amendment and telling the truth about judges who put themselves above the Constitution they are sworn to uphold.
“Those are the values and principles I will fight for day in and day out if elected as the next senator from Alabama,” he says. And I believe him.
I’ve known Judge Roy Moore for a long time. He is one of the most principled men I have ever known. He is unwavering in his support of the Constitution. And he is a man of faith in God, completely unafraid of and undeterred by all the things his opponents throw at him – be they real Republicans or the far-left Democrats.
That’s why I am supporting Roy Moore. And I’m asking you to help me give him a chance to help Donald Trump drain the swamp that is Washington.
Listen to what he says and see if you disagree with anything: “For the past six years, Republicans in Congress have used Barack Obama as their excuse for not following through on their promises to repeal Obamacare. But since the American people elected Donald Trump to drain the swamp of corruption and cronyism in Washington nothing changed. Obamacare remains on the books. … Illegal immigrants continue to flood across our borders on a daily basis. … The border wall hasn’t been funded – yet Congress found time to fund Planned Parenthood with your hard-earned tax dollars. …”
He doesn’t mince words to make himself more attractive to his opponents.
“As a Christian, an oath to God is something I take seriously,” he says. “That’s why, whether it be defending religious liberty and the Ten Commandments or fighting to preserve the sanctity of traditional marriage, I’ve never once hesitated to stand up and fight for our values. I’ve proven my willingness to fight for what is right, not because of my personal opinions – but because of my duty and oath to protect the Constitution and the rule of law. I will not buckle under pressure. I will never compromise our conservative principles and values. And I will not be ‘bought off’ by lobbyists or special interest groups in the smoky backroom deals that take place in Washington.”
The only thing I can disagree with is that there are no more “smoky” backrooms in Washington. But the fact that he doesn’t know that strongly suggests it has been a while since he’s been here, which, frankly, is to his credit.
If there is anyone we can actually count on in Washington, it will be Roy Moore, who will join with a handful of real Republicans in the Senate – like Ted Cruz, Mike Lee and Rand Paul – to shake things up.
Do you agree? Then please join me in supporting him with your vote, if you live in Alabama, and with your contributions to the campaign, if you don’t.
Oh, there’s one more important thing you can do. Pray that God blesses his campaign and leads him to victory and to Washington.
Media wishing to interview Joseph Farah, please contact email@example.com.