It’s among the most intriguing statements ever spoken by Jesus, and yet it’s rarely ever discussed, let alone explained, in church.
The instruction by the Son of God to “shake the dust” off our feet has had countless believers wondering what He was really talking about.
Now, a brand-new book championing the truth of the Bible and surprising readers with stunning statements in Scripture is proffering a clear explanation of the mysterious declaration.
“When people read the Bible, it is important to connect the dots between Scriptures, because the Bible explains itself,” says Joe Kovacs, author of the best-selling “Shocked by the Bible 2.”
“We cannot expect to understand the meaning of something cryptic by making wild guesses. It’s important to read the Bible, and by that I mean the ENTIRE Bible, and accept the words on the page to develop a good grasp about what its terms and symbols mean.”
The command about shaking the dust off of feet is found in the Gospels of Matthew, Mark and Luke, and comes as Jesus is dispatching His disciples to spread the Good News about the kingdom of God to other locations.
Whatever town or village you enter, search there for some worthy person and stay at their house until you leave.
As you enter the home, give it your greeting.
If the home is deserving, let your peace rest on it; if it is not, let your peace return to you.
If anyone will not welcome you or listen to your words, leave that home or town and shake the dust off your feet. (Matthew 10:11-14 NIV)
And if any place will not welcome you or listen to you, leave that place and shake the dust off your feet as a testimony against them. (Mark 6:11 NIV)
“Clearly, the command from Jesus to shake the dust off your feet is to be used as a witness or testimony against the people who have rejected His message. This is what Jesus has declared outright in His own words,” says Kovacs.
“But what exactly is that warning they’re meant to broadcast? And why would Jesus use the seemingly odd phrase of shaking the dust off their feet? It’s quite an unusual saying. But the answers can be deciphered when we take the rest of the Bible into consideration.”
“We have to remember that mankind was created from dust, and God actually told the very first man, Adam, that he would return to dust. ‘For dust you are and to dust you will return.'” (Genesis 3:19 NIV)
“Now keeping in mind that God declares ‘the end from the beginning,’ as He states in Isaiah 46:10, the command from Jesus to shake the dust off your feet has to do with the end of the story, as in what eventually happens to those who absolutely refuse to follow the instructions of their Maker. They are thrown into a furnace and become incinerated into dust and ashes, as Scripture indicates over and over.
“So here we have Jesus talking about the result of a future event, and He has told His students to shake the dust off their feet as a witness against the obstinate people alive during His human ministry. And why would His followers have dust on their feet at that time in the future? Because those who are granted eternal life in the future will, in fact, be trampling with their feet upon the dust and ashes of the wicked! God has said so:
The LORD of Heaven’s Armies says, “The day of judgment is coming, burning like a furnace. On that day the arrogant and the wicked will be burned up like straw. They will be consumed – roots, branches, and all. (Malachi 4:1 NLT)
Then you will trample on the wicked; they will be ashes under the soles of your feet on the day when I act,” says the LORD Almighty. (Malachi 4:3 NLT)
In “Shocked by the Bible 2,” Kovacs explains:
“So when the disciples of Jesus shook dust off their feet, they were issuing a dire warning to the people who refused to accept the truth. The message was, in effect: ‘If you sinners don’t repent, you’re going to be incinerated into ashes and dust, and we’re going to trample on your ashes! So get with the program!’ It’s simply another way of saying this more direct warning that Jesus issued twice: ‘Unless you repent, you too will all perish.'” (Luke 13:3,5 NIV)
Within just hours of its official launch, “Shocked by the Bible 2” rocketed to the No. 1 and No. 2 positions on numerous Amazon’s best-seller lists, especially in Christian Historical Theology. The top two positions reflect purchases for Kindle and hardcover editions.
“I am so excited that people still hunger for God’s glorious truth,” said Kovacs. “Because there seems to be a famine of understanding among many when it comes to the instructions of God in Scripture. I pray this book will fill readers with God’s Holy Spirit so they’re filled with the very thing that will provide them everlasting life.”
“This new book is definitely more advanced than the first ‘Shocked,’ because it’s time to grow and mature into the person you’re meant to be, making the transition from spiritual milk to spiritual meat. There are tons more facts we all need to know. I was even shocked by the Bible while writing this sequel.”
“There is an extraordinary purpose to the Word of God, and this book will help you understand that purpose. Now that you know how to read the Bible, accepting it for what it says, this book will connect the dots on a variety of issues that will give you a much greater understanding of what God intends for us. We all need to keep growing spiritually, and if we avoid studying Scripture just because we think we know it already, then we are in danger of stopping our growth process. We need to put what is on the page into practice, letting God’s Holy Spirit guide us as we continue to have our personal character perfected.”
The book asks:
- Did you ever wonder if you were getting the whole story when it comes to the Bible?
- Might there be some crucial information withheld from you?
- Could the powers that be in major religions actually be broadcasting a false message when it comes to God’s glorious truth?
As stunning as it may seem, what’s written in Scripture is often the polar opposite of what’s taught in many churches. The Bible says the devil deceives the whole world. He has cleverly tricked billions of people, and that includes countless Christians who profess their faith in Jesus.
In this latest work, Kovacs digs much deeper into the Good Book, connecting the dots from hundreds of Scriptures, many of which are rarely, if ever, discussed in public. He cracks the window into the spirit dimension by revealing not just the physical meaning of any given verse, but the spiritual meaning as well. Readers can finally get a clear glimpse into the unseen world where God dwells to understand what has previously been shrouded in mystery and confusion.
Among the issues Kovacs takes head-on in “Shocked by the Bible 2”:
- The heart of the gospel has been secretly hidden in a small book that many people think should not even be in the Bible
- There are three words of Jesus that most Christians don’t believe
- The intriguing meaning of shaking the dust off your feet
- Satan’s destiny is not what most people think
- The destiny of unrepentant evildoers is completely different from what most churches teach
- Some prayers are detestable to God
- Important Bible themes are secretly embedded inside famous Hollywood productions such as “The Matrix,” “Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory,” “Star Wars,” “The Big Short,” “Blade Runner,” “Groundhog Day,” “The Truman Show” and “The Walking Dead”
- The Bible explains who creates and allows evil (Hint: It’s not the devil)
- The possible day of Satan’s destruction revealed
- The biblical origin of the fear of the number 13 and perhaps Friday the 13th
- Worshipers of God did unspeakably evil things to their own children
- The world’s most famous prostitute was never actually a hooker
- There is a resurrection no one talks about
- There is more than one chance for people to repent
- Judgment Day does NOT mean that everyone is thrown into a fire
- The most shocking statement of the Bible is avoided and suppressed by most pastors
- Believers have an important job to do once Jesus returns
- Jesus is not the only judge of the world
- Did Jesus really nail the law of God to His cross?
- The reason why people will want to obey God in the future
- Deception began long before Adam and Eve were created
- God has a serious problem with “every green tree” used to worship him
- There’s an important reason why God allows evil, and many pastors don’t even know what it is
- There is an unknown sin that is killing millions of Christians
- The future way Jesus is going to “fulfill” the law
- Why the Bible talks about “Another Jesus”
- The true meaning of the phrase: “a little lower than the angels”
- The Bible says flesh-and-blood humans are meant to be changed into spirit beings
- There is a time coming when there won’t be darkness of night anymore
- The mystery of Enoch is no longer a mystery
- Today’s society is Opposite World
- Plus many more …
The new book is already receiving high praise.
Pastor Dan Catlin of “Messiah’s Branch Prophecy Hour” says: “So much in the Bible that just passes us by, Joe points out some very, very, important things that will leave many shocked so to speak! The book is riveting and will hold you on the edge of your seat!”
Listen to Joe Kovacs discuss many Bible shockers from “Shocked by the Bible 2” in his interview from Messiah’s Branch Prophecy Hour:
Michael Savage, the No. 1 New York Times best-selling author and national radio talk-show host, raves: “‘Shocked by the Bible 2’ is a must read for every God-fearing, Bible-loving reader. If you believe there is a ‘grand design’ created by the One True God, this book will become another light along your path.”
Kovacs stresses: “I really want people to read the words on the pages of their own Bibles, and believe them. It is when people don’t believe the Word of God that confusion and errors are created.
“Many don’t realize that the Bible is more than an ordinary book. It is actually a code. It is the code for living now in this physical world, and the code that will get us into the spirit world. It is a map, like a treasure map that has tremendous riches awaiting us at the final destination in the kingdom of God. If we don’t follow the map’s directions, we’ll never reach the destination with the treasure, which is everlasting life.”
NOTE: Media wishing to interview Joe Kovacs can contact him here.