Anacapa Middle School in Ventura Unified School District in Ventura, California (Photo: VUSD)

Anacapa Middle School in Ventura Unified School District in Ventura, California (Photo: VUSD)

A California father is boiling mad, demanding to know who authorized 12-year-old children to walk out of their middle-school classes for an anti-gun protest last week.

The father, identified as John Gunn, videotaped his confrontation with Anacapa Middle School Principal Barbara Boggio, with the Ventura Unified School District in Ventura, California. He posted the video on Facebook after young kids left class last Wednesday for the National School Walkout. Gunn said the school never told him that the students would be allowed to leave class.

“I want to know who authorized these kids to go out and leave the class when I wasn’t even notified about it,” Gunn told Boggio the day after the protest.

The principal can be heard replying, “As our school planned for who and what, we anticipated something …”

But Gunn was clearly not having it.

“Sixth-graders?! Sixth-graders? When do sixth-graders make decisions?” he asked.

Gunn continued:

When do 12-year-olds make decisions? You’re an adult, you’re the school, you’re supposed to teach my child. You don’t influence my child in any which way. Democrat, liberal, Republican, whatever it is. I want it out of the school system.

So why did my son have to sit in that class – because he didn’t leave – but why wasn’t I notified that this was going to happen?

Who authorized it? I want to know who authorized you to tell the teachers that if [students] want to leave, it’s OK.

As Boggio appeared to deflect with her answers, Gunn asked, “You’re not going to answer my question, are you? Who authorized it?”

The principal responded, “There was no such authorization.”

“Then who let it happen?” Gunn demanded.

Then Boggio explained that if a “student chose to leave, that’s their choice.”

“What do you mean that’s their [choice]?!” Gunn asked. “They’re sixth-graders.”

The principal claimed school officials cannot “restrain” kids if they want to leave class.

“I’m going to sue the school district, OK?” Gunn said. “I already have a lawyer.”

Boggio stammered, “Oh, uh, OK.”

Gunn said he was very angry when he learned about the walkout and would have kept his son home if he had been notified.

Boggio suggested Gunn contact Ventura Unified School District Superintendent David Creswell if he wants to know who authorized the kids to leave. Gunn told the Independent Journal Review that he called Creswell’s office but was told he was in a meeting and that human resources would contact him. However, he said, he has not heard back from them.

A WND request for comment from Creswell’s office hadn’t been returned at the time of this report.

Concerned individuals may contact Ventura Unified School District Superintendent David Creswell by emailing his assistant or by calling (805) 641-5000 ext. 1014 and Anacapa Middle School Principal Barbara Boggio.

U.S. schools pushed kids as young as 5 years old to participate in the anti-gun protests, MRCTV reported Wednesday.

WINY Radio recently reported that a kindergarten class walked by a gun protest at Killingly High School in Dayville, Connecticut. The station reportedly posted a video of the incident on Facebook. However, WINY noted:

WINY has removed a video from today’s gun-violence protest at Killingly High School due to requests from parents. The video, sent in by a parent, showed a group of pre-school students led by two teachers walking past the protest, which was held outside in front of the main entrance to Killingly High School. WINY spoke with one of the teachers in the video, Janet McDonald, who said they took the children outside because it was a nice day and on the way back into the school, they walked past the protest. In the video, the teachers can be seen giving the thumbs up to the protesters while clapping and one of the teachers can be seen and heard joining the chant of “stop the violence”. The video was submitted by a parent, Lamonica Vazquez who joined her high school aged child in the protest today at Killingly High School.

Schools across America have been accused of promoting the protests and pushing kids to join.

“Schools are grappling with how to address the (protest) event with children as young as 5 years old and with finding ways for children who are too little to be told about school shootings to take part,” reported the Wall Street Journal on March 10.

WND-Donation

Note: Read our discussion guidelines before commenting.