Compete, don't kill

by Ilana Mercer -- Comedian Lily Tomlin once said that "98 percent of the adults in this country are decent, hard-working, honest Americans. It's the other lousy 2 percent that get all more…

He contorts, I decide

by Ilana Mercer -- There's a reason Bill O'Reilly often refers to what exits his motor mouth as "theses" and "analyses." It's known in psychology as overcompensating for one's inadequacies, in this more…

Vote and die

by Ilana Mercer -- Rapper P. Diddy and actor Ben Affleck have something in common other than the asinine Jennifer Lopez. At Mr. Diddy's instigation, Affleck and a posse of "sexy people," more…

U.N. on the wrong side of the fence

by Ilana Mercer -- Given the institution's palpable bad faith, it is no surprise that Israel did not consent to be judged by the International Court of Justice. This U.N.-sanctioned court condemned more…

Thomas Jefferson vs. the Libertarian Party

by Ilana Mercer -- Not allowing the clouds to cap one's vision is an admirable quality, but allowing them to cloud reality is hardly praiseworthy. The principled positions of the Libertarian Party more…

'Ayn Rand, Homosexuality, and Human Liberation'

by Ilana Mercer -- Lindsay Perigo is a man on a mission. In his foreword to Chris Matthew Sciabarra's "Ayn Rand, Homosexuality, and Human Liberation," Perigo is determined to challenge Rand's "outlandish more…

Israel: Island of justice in the Middle East

by Ilana Mercer -- Question: Where in the Middle East did the following occur? Arab villagers file a petition to their High Court, claiming their human rights are being violated by the more…

Self-defense: A universal right

by Ilana Mercer -- My mother in-law, a fierce and fiery South African, has a gun and keeps it loaded and close to hand. This is the only sensible course in a more…

Kerry's sexy Mother Teresa

by Ilana Mercer -- I don't subscribe to the cable channel that carried "Sex and the City," so, like many things in the culture, the program and its dreadful female stars passed more…