I am almost 85 years old. I have consistently voted my entire life as a staunch Republican. Last year (2012) I finally gave up and am now a registered independent.
Reasons? You just listed them. ["Leave the Republican Party?"] I believe the only hope for this country is a “Third Great Awakening”.
As usual, you are so right ["Obama's everyday scandals"]. Obama does not even like America. Since childhood, and on into his political career, he has been surrounded by like-minded, anti-American people.
And the GOP in the House should certainly block funding, and not just on the debt limit. They should make Obama work for all his “spend as if there’s no tomorrow” policies. But to do that, the GOP will have to grow a pair, which they don’t seem inclined to do. I am not, and have never been, a conspiracy theorist. But has it ever occurred to yo ... continue reading »
I pray that elected representatives, regardless of party affiliation, work together to promote the common good of all Americans. That they will be mindful of needs of the hungry, the homeless and the sick. I pray that needs of 98 percent of Americans not be overlooked for just the other 2 percent of the population. This 2 percent of the population comprises the rich, corporations and special interests – special interests like pro-life groups that seek to influence every politician in America.
I pray that those who would deny a woman the right to choice in America stop. It’s time to abandon a cause that would dictate how any ... continue reading »
As most Americans find the hypocritical foolishness of the scandal built around something Paula Deen said over two decades ago, I am reminded of one of the “classic” examples of the same kind of politically correct hogwash. Only a few days ago, I was talking to a recent high school graduate and asked her what she knew about Mark Twain. Basically she had heard the name, but that was it.
Several years ago, the books of one of America’s greatest writers, Mark Twain, were removed from many school libraries because in his books he used the “N” word. No one bothered to mention that Twain was a lifelong abolit ... continue reading »
Thank you so much for supporting Paula Deen selling her books. We are still a nation of free speech and a free people with our U.S. Constitution and Bill of Rights to attest to this great nation!
Thank you, Joseph and WND, for what you do for the people of the U.S. and the people of our world. With your media supporting freedom, honesty and America, how can we go wrong? I give you a heartfelt thank you for supporting the beautiful, honest, hardworking Americans like Paula Deen! My heart sings in support for your publications, Joseph and staff. I cannot thank you enough. ... continue reading »
I read this on your website today: “Don’t give in if your man, boyfriend, husband, toyboy is not voting for your best interests, your reproductive health – do not sleep with that man! I don’t care how cute or charming he is! I don’t care if he is your husband of many years. Resist! Go swimming! Meditate!” Such is the “wisdom” of feminist Vivian Norris as reported by Chelsea Schilling in WND. I think Vivian might have a good idea here.
Imagine, if you will, what the abortion rate would be if every female supporter of that human slaugh ... continue reading »