Buying picked up after the Federal Reserve said it would keep interest rates near zero through at least 2014, which was longer than many investors anticipated. The actions were taken as a sign of the central bank's commitment to boost a sluggish economic recovery.
The Dow Jones industrial average .DJI rose 83.10 points, or 0.66 percent, at 12,758.85. The Standard & Poor's 500 Index .SPX was up 11.41 points, or 0.87 percent, at 1,326.06. The Nasdaq Composite Index .IXIC ended up 31.67 points, or 1.14 percent, at 2,818.31. (commentary & photo courtesy of Reuters)
The RSI had a good day today along with the overall market. RSI made the following picks today:
- Buy 256 shares MSCI Indonesia Investable Marke (EIDO); Stop = -$3.89 Target = +$11.68 Volatility = 5.00%
- Buy 405 shares First Trust Health Care AlphaDE (FXH); Stop = -$2.46 Target = +$7.39 Volatility = 3.42%
- Buy 376 shares First Trust NASDAQ-100- Technol (QTEC); Stop = -$2.66 Target = +$7.97 Volatility = 4.00%
- Buy 256 shares Rydex S&P 500 Pure Growth ETF (RPG); Stop = -$3.90 Target = +$11.70 Volatility = 3.36%
- Buy 224 shares Rydex S&P Equal Weight ETF (RSP); Stop = -$4.45 Target = +$13.34 Volatility = 3.59%
- Buy 117 shares SPDR Select Sector Fund - Energ (XLE); Stop = -$8.52 Target = +$25.57 Volatility = 4.70%
I’m entering these six funds into my monitor list as I’m looking to add positions to the portfolio.
Nasdaq quotes delayed at least 15 minutes, all others at least 20 minutes.
Markets are closed on certain holidays. Stock Market Holiday List
By accessing this page, you agree to the following
Press Release Service provided by PRConnect.
Stock quotes supplied by Telekurs USA
Postage Rates Bots go here