Last weekend, in my Market Forecast, I wrote:
"For the new week, the techs are in a position to lead the market higher. Financials may need a bit of rest. However, energy stocks could off set any weakness in financials. We could see the SPX glide higher. If the market does push up, techs have room to jump more."
Things seemed to be going along with the forecast on Monday. The market pushed higher and SPX briefly went above 1410. However, on Tuesday, the market took a pause as concerns over growth in China grew. Wednesday saw techs rally back up, helping the to even out the broader market. But, the market finally gave in to the selling pressure on Thursday. Surprisingly, the market climbed back a bit on Friday to close mixed for the week.
We had some mixed results for the week. We scored some big winners including +150% profit on GOOG, twice! Once on the 625 calls and just two days later on 635 calls! We also locked in +99% on CREE and +145% on FAS calls. Here are the closed trades for the week:
- 07:36 | Ecstatic Plays AAPL ($598.00) Sold to Close 0323P595 Mar 595 put, at $0.73 -76%
- 07:14 | HappyTrading NKE ($106.50) Sold to Close 0330C110 Mar 110 calls, at $0.25 -93%
- 06:56 | Ecstatic Plays GOOG ($645.90) Sold to Close 0323C645 Mar 645 calls, at $4.50 -8%
- 10:13 | HappyTrading GMCR ($56.20) Sold to Close 04C55 Apr 55 calls, at $4.15 +30%
- 10:07 | Ecstatic Plays NFLX ($120.30) Sold to Close 0325C115 Mar 115 calls, at $5.90 +39%
- 09:46 | Ecstatic Plays NFLX ($120.60) Sold to Close 0323C115 Mar 115 calls, at $6.30 +48%
- 09:39 | Ecstatic Plays GOOG ($645.50) Sold to Close 0323C635 Apr 635 calls, at $12.50 +150%
- 09:32 | Ecstatic Plays GOOG ($644.35) Sold to Close 0323C635 Mar 635 calls, at $10.60 +112%
- 07:56 | HappyTrading MA ($420.40) Sold to Close 0323C425 Mar 425 calls, at $1.90 -65%
- 07:12 | Ecstatic Plays GS ($126.65) Sold to Close 0323C125 Mar 125 calls, at $2.85 +33%
- 07:07 | Ecstatic Plays CF ($185.35) Sold to Close 0323C185 Mar 185 calls, at $2.65 -15%
- 06:48 | HappyTrading GOOG ($628.30) Sold to Close 0323C635 Mar 635 calls, at $3.00 -54%
- 06:46 | HappyTrading WYNN ($126.40) Sold to Close 0323C130 Mar 130 calls, at $0.70 -59%
- 08:58 | Ecstatic Plays FAS ($11.25) Sold to Close 0323C105 Mar 105 calls, at $6.85 +145%
- 08:20 | HappyTrading GOOG ($635.00) Sold to Close 0323C625 Mar 635 calls, at $12.60 +152%
- 08:13 | HappyTrading GOOG ($633.30) Sold to Close 0323C625 Mar 625 calls, at $11.50 +130%
- 07:52 | Ecstatic Plays CREE ($31.92) Sold to Close 0323C30 Mar 30 calls, at $2.15 +99%
- 07:47 | HappyTrading AMZN ($185.40) Sold to Close 0323C185 Mar 185 calls, at $2.35 +7%
- 07:30 | HappyTrading OVTI ($19.30) Sold to Close 04C18 Apr 18 calls, at $1.75 +17%
For the week, the Dow fell 151.89 points; SPX slid 7.06 points; Nasdaq actually added +12.66 points. Gold was flat and oil fell slightly. At the time of this writing, Asian markets were mixed. Let’s take a look at how the US market closed on Friday:
On Friday, SPX added +4.33 points to close at 1397.11. It closed at its 10-day MA. The MACD was slightly down.
Nasdaq gained +4.6 points to close at 3067.92. It closed above its daily MAs. The MACD was flat.
SPX closed right at its 10-day MA, while Nasdaq was a little stronger. However, the broader market’s weekly winning streak was stalled at 5. For the new week…
To read the rest of this article, please subscribe to HappyTrading "Premium Articles" by going to the Premium Services (click here) page. If you are already a subscriber, please click here: Market Forecast 3/25/12.
Nasdaq quotes delayed at least 15 minutes, all others at least 20 minutes.
Markets are closed on certain holidays. Stock Market Holiday List
By accessing this page, you agree to the following
Press Release Service provided by PRConnect.
Stock quotes supplied by Telekurs USA
Postage Rates Bots go here