Among the many interesting tidbits presented at yesterday's The Big Picture conference (I was there) was a chart by Jim Bianco of Bianco Research, L.L.C., which I posted at Panzner Insights, my new members-only website focused on markets, economics, and geopolitics.
As you can see, central bank balance sheets remain extraordinarily large and are much nearer in scale to what they were in the immediate aftermath of the Lehman Brothers bankruptcy than they were during the early stages of the global financial crisis (or before).
As I noted,
the big question, or course, is when the time comes for the Fed and others of their ilk to sell, who is going to be on the other side?
Regardless, that is just one of the many topics -- most of which can't be seen anywhere else -- that I discussed at Panzner Insights in recent weeks. Here is a brief sampling of others:
- One Risk Indicator Poised to Move?
- For Investors, a Place to Avoid
- Looks Like the End of the Road for Technology Sector Outperformance
- Global Growth vs. Value: More Evidence of the Big Shift
- Podcast: Thoughts on the Wall Street-Main Street Disconnect (As Earnings Season Approaches)
- Swedish Currency Under Growing Pressure
Feel free to have a look around.
Nasdaq quotes delayed at least 15 minutes, all others at least 20 minutes.
Markets are closed on certain holidays. Stock Market Holiday List
By accessing this page, you agree to the following
Press Release Service provided by PRConnect.
Stock quotes supplied by Telekurs USA
Postage Rates Bots go here