The report reflects progress on the company's environmental, social and business issues.
SOURCE: CorporateRegister.com Ltd
Nov. 5, 2012 / 3BL Media / - Symantec Corp. (NASDAQ: SYMC) announced its latest corporate responsibility (CR) report reflecting progress on its environmental, social and business issues.
“To be effective, a CR strategy must be ingrained in the way Symantec does business every day around the world,” said Steve Bennett, President, CEO and Chairman, Symantec.
“We are proud that Symantec continues to be recognized as a highly responsible and trusted company by many of the world’s leading publications, market indices, and ranking organizations,” said Cecily Joseph, Senior Director of Corporate Responsibility and Compliance.
Symantec’s high priority sustainability issues are determined through stakeholder engagement and a materiality analysis. These issues are grouped into three categories - Our People, The World and Your Information for discussion in the 2012 report. Here are some report highlights
Our People (Employee satisfaction, talent management, gender and diversity)
- From FY11 to FY12, internal training course completion rates increased by 27 percent
- Achieved a 100 percent score on the Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index for the 4th year in a row
- Launched a Women’s Empowerment Principles Key Stakeholder committee
The World (Climate change, responsible sourcing and human rights, corporate philanthropy)
- Decreased greenhouse gas emissions by four percent from 2008 baseline through increased data accuracy, real estate consolidation, reductions in air travel, data center/lab efficiencies
- Launched working group to align Symantec human rights policies with the principles of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights
- Symantec employees volunteered more than 18,300 hours and donated more than US$790,000 to charitable and community efforts
Your Information (Information security, cybercrime prevention, and privacy)
- Launched new Symantec cloud information protection platform
- Expanded online safety to Android devices, giving parents visibility into what Web sites their children are visiting on the device
The report follows the Global Reporting Initiative (GRI) G3 framework at a GRI-Checked B+ Application level. More information and report download at http://www.symantec.com/
Symantec is a global leader in information security, backup and availability solutions. Innovative products and services protect people and information in any environment – from the smallest mobile device, to the enterprise data center, to cloud-based systems. World-renowned expertise in protecting data, identities and interactions gives customers confidence in a connected world. More information is available at www.symantec.com or by connecting with Symantec at: go.symantec.com/
Tweet me: ReportAlert.info - Symantec (NASDAQ:SYMC) publishes 2012 Corporate Responsibility Report http://3bl.me/235c6d @ReportAlert @CorpReg #CSR
KEYWORDS: Environment, CR, Corporate Responsibility, climate change, Symantec, Symantec Corp.
Nasdaq quotes delayed at least 15 minutes, all others at least 20 minutes.
Markets are closed on certain holidays. Stock Market Holiday List
By accessing this page, you agree to the following
Press Release Service provided by PRConnect.
Stock quotes supplied by Telekurs USA
Postage Rates Bots go here