SOURCE: Cisco Systems Inc.
At Cisco, we focus our Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) work on specific areas, one of which is critical human needs. Or, more simply, food, water, shelter, and disaster relief.
A lot of the partners we work with in this area, such as food banks and disaster response agencies, have been working round-the-clock dealing with the aftermath of Superstorm Sandy. We will tell you how Cisco is supporting the relief effort in a future blog post.
Consider this a “shout out” to those organizations that are doing so much for those affected, whether in New York and New Jersey or the Caribbean.
Here are just a few examples:
- The Aidmatrix Network is a constantly updated repository of Sandy resources and needs. Aidmatrix staff recently shared some videos, filmed with cameras donated last year by Cisco, that shed some light on post-Sandy conditions in New York.
Watch: [Interview with a Sandy survivor] [Scenes from Sandy’s aftermath]
- In Haiti, where heavy rain left 52 people dead, CARE International is delivering clean water, hygiene supplies, and more to some of the worst-affected communities.
- Feeding America, the nation’s largest hunger relief charity, has distributed 150 truckloads of food and grocery items to food banks supporting Sandy disaster relief efforts.
- The American Red Cross has mobilized more than 5,700 disaster workers and hundreds of vehicles to provide more than 127,000 shelter stays, serve millions of meals, and hand out over 272,000 relief items.
- Save the Children is working in shelters in New York and New Jersey, providing child friendly spaces and distributing nutritious food items, baby blankets, clothing and hygiene supplies.
See a complete list of Cisco’s partners in critical human needs partners.
If you want to help Sandy victims, please check out the following resources:
Tweet me: A “Thank You” to @Cisco's nonprofit partners helping Superstorm #Sandy victims http://3bl.me/egdzyv #csr #disasterrelief
KEYWORDS: disaster relief, Humanitarian, hurricane, nonprofit, Sandy, superstorm, Cisco, cisco csr, Corporate Social Responsibility, save the cildren, American Red Cross, Feeding America, Aidmatrix Network, critical human needs
Nasdaq quotes delayed at least 15 minutes, all others at least 20 minutes.
Markets are closed on certain holidays. Stock Market Holiday List
By accessing this page, you agree to the following
Press Release Service provided by PRConnect.
Stock quotes supplied by Telekurs USA
Postage Rates Bots go here