Hope you have all had a wonderful Thanksgiving! The shopping scene this weekend seemed to be robust as consumers spent more than $1 billion online. Apple’s iPad and iPhone accounted for nearly 19% of online shopping!
Last weekend, in my Market Forecast, I wrote:
"For the new week, if we continue to see progress being made by Congress on a budget deal, the market could experience a bounce. But, things are still very unstable. Resistance could be strong between 1380 and 1400 on SPX. For Nasdaq, 2900 to 2975 could be hard to break through. Industrials have been very weak. Financials just broke down last week. Since it’s Thanksgiving week, if things bounce, we should be watching the retails and techs."
The market did bounce, led by retails and techs. Monday was a strong day, as AAPL bounced more than +7%! We locked in our gains in AAPL calls including an overnight +113% win and a +117% intraday gain. Tuesday and Wednesday saw consolidations, and the market climbed higher in Friday’s shortened session.
We had a nice week with solid gains in AAPL and several other trades on the bounce. All of our closing trades were in the GR$$N:
- 07:26 | HappyTrading SINA ($46.90) Sold to Close 12P45 Dec 45 put, at $1.71 +9%
- 10:12 | HappyTrading ALXN ($93.10) Sold to Close 12C95 Dec 95 calls, at $2.30 +5%
- 08:03 | HappyTrading BIDU ($95.10) Sold to Close 12C95 Dec 95 calls, at $3.90 +11%
- 07:54 | HappyTrading AIG ($32.50) Sold to Close 12C31 Dec 31 calls, at $2.00 +55%
- 07:01 | HappyTrading GMCR ($29.00) Sold to Close 12C25 Nov 25 calls, at $5.30 +91%
- 12:50 | Ecstatic Plays AAPL ($565.40) Sold to Close 1123C550 Nov 550 calls, at $17.80 +113%
- 07:54 | HappyTrading GMCR ($26.70) Sold to Close 12C25 Dec 25 calls, at $3.70 +34%
- 07:30 | Ecstatic Plays AIG ($32.65) Sold to Close 12C31 Dec 31 calls, at $2.16 +67%
- 07:05 | HappyTrading AAPL ($548.50) Sold to Close 1123C525 Nov 525 calls, at $25.00 +117%
For the week, the Dow added +421.37 points; SPX gained +49.27 points; Nasdaq garnered +113.54 points. Gold popped above $1750/ounce and oil glided higher to $88/barrel. At the time of this writing, Asian markets were mixed with bias to the upside. Let’s see where the US markets closed on Friday:
On Friday, SPX added +18.12 points to close at 1409.15. It pushed up against its 30-day MA. The MACD went higher.
Nasdaq gained +40.3 points to close at 2966.85. It closed just below its 30-day MA. Its 10-day MA turned up.
Both SPX and Nasdaq basically bounced to their respective 30-day MA. The Dow just topped 13,000; whether or not this has an significance we may soon find out this week. For the new week…
To read the rest of this article, please subscribe to HappyTrading "Premium Articles" by going to the Premium Services (click here) page. If you are already a subscriber, please click here: Market Forecast 11/26/12.
Nasdaq quotes delayed at least 15 minutes, all others at least 20 minutes.
Markets are closed on certain holidays. Stock Market Holiday List
By accessing this page, you agree to the following
Press Release Service provided by PRConnect.
Stock quotes supplied by Telekurs USA
Postage Rates Bots go here