LOS ANGELES, Nov. 29, 2012 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- City National Bank is partnering once again with Barnes & Noble this holiday season for a multi-state book drive that will celebrate the joy of reading and benefit area schools in California, Nevada, New York, Nashville, Tennessee, and Atlanta, Georgia. This is the 5th consecutive year that City National and Barnes & Noble have partnered in its holiday book drive. This is also the first holiday book drive that City National and Barnes & Noble have done in Atlanta, Georgia since the program began in 2008. City National entered the Atlanta market in December of last year.
This holiday program is part of the world's largest bookseller's annual Holiday Book Drive, which runs from November 1 through January 1. To participate in the book drive, holiday shoppers can purchase a book at select Barnes & Noble stores and donate it as part of this holiday program. City National's Reading is The way up® literacy program will match each book donated between December 1 and January 1, up to $75,000 and the books will be distributed to area schools in the bank's footprint early next year.
"We always look forward to this time of year and partnering with Barnes & Noble on our holiday book drive program," said Carolyn Rodriguez, head of Reading is The way up at City National Bank. "With this being the 10th Anniversary of our literacy program, we have increased our monetary support for this year's book drive. City National understands that literacy and a child's education are some of the best investments you can make in life."
Seventeen Barnes & Noble book stores in California, Nevada, New York, Nashville, Tennessee, and Atlanta, Georgia, are participating in this year's holiday book drive. The stores include:
- Barnes & Noble, Los Angeles (189 The Grove Drive)
- Barnes & Noble, Long Beach (7651 Carson Street)
- Barnes & Noble, Escondido (810 West Valley Parkway)
- Barnes & Noble, Corte Madera (313 Town Center)
- Barnes & Noble, Del Mar (12835 El Camino Real)
- Barnes & Noble, Mira Mesa (10775 Westview Parkway)
- Barnes & Noble, Newport Beach (401 Newport Center Drive, #A215)
- Barnes & Noble, Point Loma (Bookstar, 3150 Rosecrans Place)
- Barnes & Noble, Riverside (3485 Tyler Street)
- Barnes & Noble, San Jose (2200 Eastridge Loop)
- Barnes & Noble, Walnut Creek (1149 South Main Street)
- Barnes & Noble, Reno (5555 S. Virginia Street)
- Barnes & Noble, Las Vegas (8915 West Charleston Blvd.)
- Barnes & Noble, Las Vegas (2191 N. Rainbow Blvd.)
- Barnes & Noble, New York City (160 East 54th Street)
- Barnes & Noble, Brentwood (1701 Mallory Lane)
- Barnes & Noble, Atlanta (1217 Caroline Street)
Following are some of the schools and/or nonprofit organizations that will be receiving books as part of this year's holiday book drive:
- Center Point, Inc., Corte Madera
- Telegraph Hill Neighborhood Center, Corte Madera
- San Pasqual Academy, Escondido
- Synergy Charter Elementary, Los Angeles
- Clara Barton Elementary, Long Beach
- St. Cecilia School, Newport (Tustin)
- Walter L. Bachrodt Elementary, San Jose
- Community School for Creative Education, Walnut Creek
- Freemont Elementary, Carson City
- Clyde Cox Elementary, Las Vegas
- Excel Christian School, Reno
- VNSNY, New York City
- PS 153 School, New York City
- Carter Lawrence Elementary, Nashville
- Riverside Elementary, Columbia
- International Community School, Decatur
About City National
City National Bank is the wholly owned subsidiary of City National Corporation (NYSE:CYN). It is backed by $26.3 billion in total assets, and provides banking, investment and trust services through 78 offices, including 16 full-service regional centers, in Southern California, the San Francisco Bay Area, Nevada, New York City, Nashville and Atlanta. The company and its investment affiliates manage or administer $56.7 billion in client investment assets, including $38.0 billion under direct management.
For more information about City National, visit the company's Website at cnb.com.
The City National Bank logo is available at http://www.globenewswire.com/newsroom/prs/?pkgid=3143
About Reading is The way up®
Seeking to better the education of school children, City National in April 2002 launched a multi-faceted initiative to restock the state's school library system. Since then, the award-winning program has:
- Donated more than 115,000 books to school libraries in California, New York and Nevada, Nashville and Atlanta.
- Awarded more than $500,000 to teachers at elementary, middle and high schools for creative literacy projects.
- Awarded $10,000 to the Children's Defense Fund-California Urban Lights Freedom Schools® program in support of its after school enrichment curriculum.
- Received the 2005 President's Volunteer Service Award, the 2005 Corporate Philanthropy Award from the Los Angeles Public Library, the 2006 Corporate Award from the Getty House Foundation, the Hugh O'Brien Youth Leadership Corporate Citizen Award, and honored as the 2007 Corporate Visionary Partner by The Wonder of Reading.
The Reading is The way up Fund is a 501(c)(3) administered by the California Community Foundation. Visit www.readingisthewayup.org.
CONTACT: Media Contact: Paul C. Stowell, City National Bank, 213.673.7602 Paul.email@example.com
Nasdaq quotes delayed at least 15 minutes, all others at least 20 minutes.
Markets are closed on certain holidays. Stock Market Holiday List
By accessing this page, you agree to the following
Press Release Service provided by PRConnect.
Stock quotes supplied by Telekurs USA
Postage Rates Bots go here