If you are a technologist, it is a well-documented fact now, without technological innovation, Microsoft could lead to its business collapsing. STEVE BALLMER clearly has a strategy in mind. But, he is doing it in extreme secrecy — so extreme that dedicated Microsoft fans — experts started to suspect and terrified. what this means for the future of Microsoft?
Ironically, what fascinates me the most is what the future strategic direction of Microsoft will be. Presumably, Microsoft already has the start of a strategic STEVE BALLMER vision. What’s more, don’t forget that he certainly is high-achieving and ambitious person. Unconsciously or consciously.
Here are some funny and realistic hypothetical situations, what could lead to Microsoft’s business collapsing:
- Apple iPad eats the consumer PC market - For example, Apple sold 14 million iPads last quarter, it is more than the one of the largegt PC maker, Lenovo, which barely managed to ship 13.7 million PCs.
- What happens, if Employees want to switch away from using Windows PC - Matt Brian reported, Barclays Bank bought 8,500 Apple tablet/iPads for its branch network, A Barclays spokesperson confirmed that it was bank employees that demanded the iPad, allowing them “to assist our branch colleagues to interact with customers, improving the customer experience”. “We investigated a number of different tablet options and in this instance, we concluded that iPads were the best solution for their specific needs. We are now starting to use these across Barclays branches in the UK,” she added.
- There’s a chance Windows 8 fails to stop the iPad - NPD says Windows tablet sales were “nonexistent” between 10/21 and 11/17. “It hasn’t made the market any worse, but it hasn’t stimulated things either,” Stephen Baker, an analyst at NPD, told The New York Times. “It hasn’t provided the impetus to sales everybody hoped for.”
- If Microsoft platform is not attractive to developers - Windows Phone has over 100,000 apps, but iOS has 700,000 apps, with 275,000 made specifically for the iPad.
- Windows Phone, what a mess? - Android owned 75 percent of the smartphone market in the third quarter of 2012. Apple was at second with 14.9 percent of the market. Microsoft has 2 percent of the global mobile market share.
- The death of Office - Microsoft’s Office business division did $24 billion of sale. If employees start to work more and more at non-Windows smartphones and iPads.
Click here to subscribe to The CEOWORLD Magazine.
The post Presumably, Microsoft already has the start of a strategic STEVE BALLMER vision appeared first on CEOWORLD Magazine.
- Executives who have jump from Microsoft since the start of the Steve Ballmer era
- Very scary time for Windows 8, Microsoft and Steve Ballmer – no sunshine and smiles
- The Steve Ballmer Game: Microsoft to cut 5,000 jobs- huge hit for Seattle.
- Microsoft Smartphone- Window Phone 7
- MICROSOFT ANALYST Meeting msft: Facebook was all over, CEO Steve Ballmer (Lots of noise but little substance)
- Why Did Windows Chief Steven Sinofsky Decided To Leave The Microsoft?
Nasdaq quotes delayed at least 15 minutes, all others at least 20 minutes.
Markets are closed on certain holidays. Stock Market Holiday List
By accessing this page, you agree to the following
Press Release Service provided by PRConnect.
Stock quotes supplied by Telekurs USA
Postage Rates Bots go here