It seems to me, that, the backbone of Microsoft’s software empires, strongest and most profitable sector, its business division, is feeling threatened. As the search giant Google is winning over more business customers than Microsoft. So, why the Google cloud-based software for businesses should be very troubling to Microsoft? —- simplicity is the key here.
Microsoft should be serious because Microsoft Office represents 90% of the revenues for its $24 billion Business Division. But, Microsoft executives say they aren’t worried that Google is really going to take away 90% of Office software users. Google “has not yet shown they are truly serious,” about the enterprise app business, Julia White, a general manager in Microsoft’s business division. According QUENTIN HARDY at the New York Times, many companies that sell software over the cloud add features without raising prices, but also break from traditional industry practice by rarely offering discounts from the list price. Microsoft’s Office suite of software, which does not include e-mail, is installed on a desktop PC or laptop.
- Google’s software for businesses, Google Apps, is a cloud based applications for document writing, collaboration, and text and video communications.
- cloud based so that none of the software is on an office worker’s computer… so easy to us.
- Microsoft’s Office suite of software does not include e-mail, is installed on a desktop PC or laptop.
- Google asks only $50 a year for each person using its product.
- Now Microsoft Office 365, asks a price of $72 per year a person, charging nearly $400 for its suite, which doesn’t include integrated e-mail support.
- oogle’s Docs suites is completely free, and even the Apps for business suite is incredibly cheap compared to an Office suite.
Google’s head of enterprise Amit Singh announced to AllThingsD “Our goal is to get to the 90 percent of users who don’t need to have the most advanced features of Office. Sheets does tables graphing, etc., out of the box…. We know the gaps between our features and theirs. We’re improving them week by week. We’re going to get to the the 90 percent. If you need the last 10 percent, you’ll want to use the desktop. ” If you remember, in a recent development Jonathan Rochelle, director of product management for Google Drive, said in a blog post that the team has “incorporated Quickoffice conversion technology into this process so your Microsoft Word, Excel, and Powerpoint files look even better when you convert them to Google Docs, Sheets, and Slides, respectively.”
What do you think? Is Google really a big threat to Microsoft? Have you ditched Microsoft Office for Google cloud-based software for businesses?
- Top Best Mac Office Software List for CEOs and Entrepreneurs- Review
Apple – iWork – iWork, Apple’s productivity suite, is the easiest way to create great-looking documents, spreadsheets, and presentations. Writing and page layout are easy using Pages. Numbers gives yo…
- Top 10 Best Selling Smartphones for you
1) Nexus One- The Nexus One built for Google by HTC is the most anticipated Android phone ever. The Nexus One is a very slick and beautiful phone that almost makes other devices look out dated. The d…
- Ensuring adequate security in Google’s cloud based services: Try More Security on Gmail
According to Microsoft, Google has delivered an upgrade that nobble the search capabilities of Outlook.
According to the Wall Street Journal ,Google acknowledged that the issue is caused with its n…
- What is Google Chrome OS, an Open Source Web operating system to Target Netbooks & Microsoft
Internet and search engine giant Google Inc. taking its competitive efforts directly to the core of software giant Microsoft Corp. by introducing a competing computer-operating system for PCs.
- List of nefarious, ugly things Mobile carriers did to us in the last 12 months
I have compiled a list of nefarious, ugly things Mobile carriers did to us in the last 12 months, each company has its own egregious acts of screwing its customers.
AT&T’s quest to merge with T-M…
- Microsoft Smartphone- Window Phone 7
Microsoft Corp (MSFT), world’s largest software company, announces the Window Phone 7, features of Windows Phone 7, makes it a tough competitor of other Smartphone Owners like Apple Inc’s (AAPL) iPhon…
The post Why the Google cloud-based software for businesses should be very troubling to Microsoft? appeared first on CEOWORLD Magazine.
Nasdaq quotes delayed at least 15 minutes, all others at least 20 minutes.
Markets are closed on certain holidays. Stock Market Holiday List
By accessing this page, you agree to the following
Press Release Service provided by PRConnect.
Stock quotes supplied by Telekurs USA
Postage Rates Bots go here