Social Accountability International (SAI) is a non-profit, multi-stakeholder organization established in 1997 to advance the human rights of workers by promoting decent work conditions, labor rights, and corporate social responsibility through voluntary standards and capacity building. SAI works to protect the integrity of workers around the world by building local capacity and developing systems of accountability through socially responsible standards.
SAI is currently hiring a Senior Manager, Research & Stakeholder Relations - see job description below
Deadline for applications is January 31, 2013. Position is based in SAI headquarters in New York City.
Take an entrepreneurial approach to continually develop – with stakeholder input -- guidance interpreting and clarifying the implementation of SA8000 and training materials on its implementation and on responsible supply chain management; analyze SAI’s impact; lead and report on stakeholder dialogue, coordinate the 2013 review and revision of SA8000, and outreach to SA8000 certified facilities. Design and deliver resources, training and technical assistance services in support of SAI’s mission -- to promote workers’ rights around the world. Enhance and protect the reputation of SA8000 and SAI.
- Research, interpret, & disseminate educational materials about SA8000, special programs, and SAI, reporting on impact; provide analysis of studies, draft standards, critiques, in coordination with Communications Manager.
- Coordinate the 2013 review & revision of SA8000 and new guidance documents, supporting the Advisory Board’s Standard Review Committee and eliciting local guidance from SAI & SAAS field personnel and broad stakeholder advice.
- Design and implement programs to build and support relationships with SA8000 certified facilities and with SA8000 accredited Certification Bodies and in cooperation with Social Accountability Accreditation Services (SAAS).
- Coordinate and provide to SAAS SAI’s interpretations, direction and advice.
- Develop new modules for training -- finished content meeting the quality requirements of SAI’s training department -- and update existing ones, eliciting stakeholder input via Multi-stakeholder Advisory Committees and other such facilitation; maintain and continue to improve quality in the training programs.
- Coordinate and promote Stakeholder engagement, including our MACs (Multi-stakeholder Advisory Committees). Assure two-way communications and continually strengthen relations with a wide range of stakeholders.
- Review complaints lodged with SAI, referring them to the appropriate body for resolution and coordinating their resolution if SAI is that body.
- Relevant Masters, PhD or MBA.
- Knowledge of CSR field, industrial relations, and social compliance standards.
- Certificate(s) or degree in relevant technical skills preferred, e.g. social or environmental auditing, standards development, CSR ratings systems, mediation, or facilitation.
- Minimum five years project management experience, with the proven ability to manage multiple projects and make decisions on how to prioritize tasks.
- Published reports, articles, curriculum, and/or books.
- Experience working and living abroad.
- Management level experience in both the private and civil society or government.
- Supply chain management and/or human resources management experience.
Skills and Track Record:
- Strong research and writing in our field or a closely related one.
- Successful mapping, enrollment, and facilitation of stakeholder meetings.
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail.
- Ability to manage multiple activities and projects simultaneously.
- Intermediate-advanced knowledge of MS Office (including Word, Excel & Power point).
- Expertise using databases and web-based tools.
- Foreign language fluency – spoken and written – with multiple languages preferred.
- Conflict management, mediation and/or facilitation skills/experience preferred.
- Proven track record in proposal development.
- Compensation commensurate with experience and appropriate for a charitable organization. Excellent benefits package. SAI is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
January 31, 2013
How To Apply
Interested candidates should submit a resume or C/V and appropriate cover letter to: email@example.com. Please include a salary history/requirement with your resume.
Tweet me: Pls RT! @SA_INTL is hiring a Sr. Manager- Research & Stakeholder Relations, based in NYC http://sa-intl.org/careers #humanrights #csr
Social Accountability International (SAI)
KEYWORDS: Business & Trade, SAI, sa8000, humanrights, stakeholderengagement, jobs, internationaldevelopment, socialenterprise, csr
Nasdaq quotes delayed at least 15 minutes, all others at least 20 minutes.
Markets are closed on certain holidays. Stock Market Holiday List
By accessing this page, you agree to the following
Press Release Service provided by PRConnect.
Stock quotes supplied by Telekurs USA
Postage Rates Bots go here