DuPont Building Innovations announced its lineup of events and offerings at the NAHB International Builders' Show (IBS), the largest annual light-construction trade show in the world, to take place in Las Vegas, Nev., Jan. 22-24, 2013. DuPont Building Innovations will showcase the latest products, knowledge offerings and education opportunities aimed at helping construction professionals build durable, comfortable and energy-efficient homes.
"For three decades, DuPont has leveraged our building science expertise to develop innovative products that help build better homes and commercial structures," said Alan Hubbell, DuPont marketing manager for builders and remodelers. "But providing innovative products is just part of what we do. To help our customers succeed, we believe it is equally important to provide building knowledge solutions and educational opportunities. We do this by collaborating with building science experts such as Sam Rashkin and Mark LaLiberte and bringing them to our booth so they can share their know-how with builders, contractors and remodelers. Additionally, through the DuPont(TM) Building Knowledge Center, we continue to bring solutions to market like the DuPont(TM) CodeSense(TM) Durable Wall Builder."
Located in booth #C5033, DuPont Building Innovations will offer the following at IBS:
Building Science Education
- Sam Rashkin and Building America - Sam Rashkin, chief architect for the U.S. Department of Energy's (DOE) Building Technologies Program, will be in the DuPont booth Jan. 22, 23 and 24 from 3:15-4:00 p.m. PST. He will talk about The House of the Future from a Builder's Business Perspective and why that dovetails with the DOE Challenge Home and how the innovative tools and resources developed by the Building America program can benefit builders, remodelers and contractors.
- NAHB Exhibitor Floor Forum Educational Session: Green Building and Durable Wall Design - In this NAHB-approved education session inside the booth, noted building scientist Mark LaLiberte will discuss construction issues that allow water infiltration and the importance of keeping water out of buildings. During the discussion, Mike Guertin, title?, and Carl Hagstrom, title?, will demonstrate methods, tips and techniques utilizing flashing and other materials to prevent water infiltration, repair damaged flange windows, and install kick-out flashing. This DuPont-sponsored session will earn attendees .75 NAHB continuing education credit.
- Panel Discussion: Building to Last - Integrating Energy-Efficient and Moisture-Resilient Construction Practices to Create Durable Homes - This education session, presented by DuPont, will review the building science behind the design and construction of high-performance wall systems and provide real-life experience, field performance and insights from builders and architects. Panelists include Rod Cullum, Cullum Homes; Steve Easley, Steve Easley & Associates; Mike Goodrich, Legend Homes and Mark LaLiberte, LaLiberte Online, Inc. The panel will take place on Jan. 24 from 10:30 a.m. to 12 p.m. PST in North 254-256.
- DuPont(TM) RainVent(TM) Batten provides a ventilated rainscreen and drainage plane for use with DuPont(TM) Tyvek(R) Weatherization System products to provide improved drying of un-drained moisture behind cladding materials.
- DuPont(TM) Tyvek(R) Fluid Applied Flashing - Brush Formulation is a brush-applied, vapor-permeable elastomeric flashing material used to protect rough openings around windows and doors and is ideal for recessed residential windows.
- Construction Instruction(R) (Ci) Mobile App - From Construction Instruction(R), a leading provider of digital tools for builders, this mobile app offers anytime access to information on hundreds of construction materials, including Tyvek(R) Weatherization Systems. New installation animations, now available on the CI app, featuring products such as Tyvek(R) HomeWrap(R), Tyvek(R) DrainWrap(TM) and DuPont(TM) FlexWrap(TM) NF will be shown.
- DuPont(TM) Building Knowledge Center - The DuPont(TM) Building Knowledge Center provides access to tools, resources and materials created by the DuPont network of building and material scientists, as well as application knowledge experts who collaborate on new ideas and provide solutions that yield more energy-efficient and durable structures.
- CodeSense (TM) Durable Wall Builder Self-Guided Demos - This digital tool helps builders navigate the changing building and energy code landscape and offers guidance on how to build walls that meet or exceed code.
- Live Installation Demos - Mark LaLiberte, Mike Guertin and Carl Hagstrom will also appear throughout each day to present a series of presentations and live installation demos designed to help builders properly use DuPont Weatherization Systems to build durable, comfortable and energy efficient houses.
- The DuPont(TM) Tyvek(R) Reside It Right(TM) program - Offers siding contractors and remodelers the marketing tools, products and knowledge they need to help build their businesses. This program gives them the power to successfully sell DuPont(TM) Tyvek(R) weather barriers as a part of their residing or remodeling jobs by combining the national consumer awareness and equity of the Tyvek(R) brand with sales aids, field support and targeted marketing.
- Contractor Rewards - Buy eligible DuPont products. Earn points. Get rewards. - DuPont has become a sponsor of Contractor Rewards, the loyalty program that rewards builders, remodelers and contractors for buying quality products from leading building products manufacturers. Now, Contractor Rewards members can earn points each time they purchase eligible DuPont(TM) Tyvek(R) weather barriers and flashing products. Visit http://www.ContractorRewards.com for details.
DuPont Building Innovations, a strategic business unit of DuPont, brings dynamic science to the discovery and development of innovative products and services for residential and commercial construction. DuPont Building Innovations helps residential and commercial builders, architects, general contractors, engineers and their teams determine the best, highest performing solutions that meet the unique needs of their projects. From DuPont(TM) Tyvek(R) Weatherization Systems to DuPont(TM) Corian(R) solid surfaces, DuPont(TM) Zodiaq(R) quartz surfaces and more, DuPont Building Innovations is committed to increasing the performance of building systems and creating more sustainable structures.
DuPont (NYSE: DD) has been bringing world-class science and engineering to the global marketplace in the form of innovative products, materials, and services since 1802. The company believes that by collaborating with customers, governments, NGOs, and thought leaders we can help find solutions to such global challenges as providing enough healthy food for people everywhere, decreasing dependence on fossil fuels, and protecting life and the environment. For additional information about DuPont and its commitment to inclusive innovation, please visit http://www.dupont.com.
The DuPont Oval logo, DuPont(TM), The miracles of science(TM), CodeSense(TM), RainVent(TM), Tyvek(R), Construction Instruction(R), HomeWrap(R), DrainWrap(TM), FlexWrap(TM), Reside It Right(TM), Corian(R) and Zodiaq(R) are trademarks or registered trademarks of DuPont or its affiliates.
Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/dupont_building_innovate/NAHB_builders_show/prweb10324959.htm
Nasdaq quotes delayed at least 15 minutes, all others at least 20 minutes.
Markets are closed on certain holidays. Stock Market Holiday List
By accessing this page, you agree to the following
Press Release Service provided by PRConnect.
Stock quotes supplied by Telekurs USA
Postage Rates Bots go here