The Tokyo-based electronics giant Sony announced a new ultra-thin, waterproof and shockproof device named Xperia Tablet Z. The ultraslim Tablet Z will be available in black or white. No word on when it will be launched to public or how much it will cost or How Sony plans to pitch the Xperia Tablet Z against the iPad?
The 10.1-inch tablet packs a 1,920 x 1,200 screen, Qualcomm 1.5GHz quad-core APQ8064 processor, 2GB RAM, 32GB storage, 8.1-megapixel camera, NFC, LTE, and a microSD expansion slot. We expect to see this at Mobile World Congress 2013 next month.
This tablet runs on Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean) out-of-the-box and just 6.9mm thick and weights 495g, and it’s even waterproof and dustproof. Unfortunately pricing and release availability hasn’t been announced.
Sony, which recently introduced its Xperia Z smartphone with a 5-inch screen at CES earlier this month. This latest Xperia Tablet Z will be the third tablet by Sony, after Xperia Tablet S and Xperia Tablet P, which failed to make their mark in the market.
Sony Xperia Tablet Z key specifications:
- 10.1-inch full-HD Display
- 1.5 GHz quad-core APQ8064 Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 Pro processor
- 2GB RAM
- 32GB Storage Capacity
- 8.1-megapixel rear camera
- 2.2-megapixel front camera
- Wifi a/b/g/n/Bluetooth 4.0/NFC/LTE
- 6,000mAh Battery
- Android 4.1.2 JellyBean
- Waterproof and Dustproof IP55/IP57
Sony said the tablet will be available in Japan this spring, but has not given indication if it will hit the United States. Sony Xperia Tablet Z will faces competition with: Apple’s a smaller version of the iPad with a 7.9-inch screen and prices starting at $329, Amazon.com Inc.’s updated set of Kindle Fires and Google Inc.’s Nexus 7.
- Top 10 Best Selling Smartphones for you
1) Nexus One- The Nexus One built for Google by HTC is the most anticipated Android phone ever. The Nexus One is a very slick and beautiful phone that almost makes other devices look out dated. The d…
- List of top best free or inexpensive apps to download on your smartphones and tablets today
There are hundreds of free/inexpensive applications unwrapped in 2012 for smartphones or tablets, here you can have a look at some of our favorites – not listed in any particular order. A few of them …
- When can you expect Google Ice Cream Sandwich to be available on your Android 4.0 phone?
Since Google Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich was announced customers have been waiting to hear which the first Android operating system phones and tablets would get the upgrade. Here’s a list to help y…
- Bit strange, Apple almost never wins outside the US in ongoing patent saga with Samsung
Got my popcorn ready… In the lucrative mobile market, the world’s top two smartphone makers, the Cupertino, Calif.-based technology giant Apple Inc. and Samsung Electronics, are engaged in worldwide…
- Top 10 Most Innovative Gesture Control Technologies To Control Your Smartphones, Tablets, Laptops And Televisions
Today, i’ve made a list of innovative “Gesture Control Technologies” to control your Smartphones, Tablets, Laptops and Televisions without having to touch them. Sound’s Cool… isn’t. Here are few mos…
- Will they, or won’t they, ship cheap Apple iPhone for the masses?
In the land of Apple iPhone rumor and conjecture, Reuters has withdrawn a report, which quoted an interview with the Apple marketing chief, Phil Schiller in the Shanghai Evening News, leaving Apple wa…
The post How Sony plans to pitch new ultra-thin Xperia Tablet Z against the iPad? appeared first on CEOWORLD Magazine.
Nasdaq quotes delayed at least 15 minutes, all others at least 20 minutes.
Markets are closed on certain holidays. Stock Market Holiday List
By accessing this page, you agree to the following
Press Release Service provided by PRConnect.
Stock quotes supplied by Telekurs USA
Postage Rates Bots go here