As Mark Zuckerberg continues to expand his empire, for the very 1st time, number of mobile daily active users on the social-networking giant, Facebook, has surpassed that of desktop daily active users. ARE YOU Surprised??
Facebook‘s monthly active users on mobile devices increased 57% year over year to 680 million. The world’s biggest social network also added its mobile revenue made up 23 percent of its overall advertising revenue, up from 14 percent in the last quarter.
As of late December, 680 million users were actively accessing the social app on smartphones every month, up 57% from a year earlier and the world’s No. 1 social network doubled its mobile advertising from the previous quarter. People hate ads, right?
“Today, there is no argument that Facebook is a mobile company,” CEO Mark Zuckerberg said during a conference call with financial analysts. Building new “mobile experiences” will be a focus in 2013, The Menlo Park, Calif., company said.
However, Facebook will not make a phone, Zuckerberg said. Instead it will continue to focus on enhancing the user experience across all types of devices. Even if the company were to sell 10 million phones, that would only represent 1 percent of users, “which makes no sense,” Zuckerberg said.
Zuckerberg also talked up Facebook’s new search tool, Facebook Graph Search. “It’s good for lots of things that you wouldn’t use a traditional search engine for,” he said. “It could turn into a meaningful business for us.” For now, Facebook is refining “Facebook Graph Search” and working on rolling it out to all users, Zuckerberg said.
- Facebook’s total advertising revenue was $1.33 billion, representing 84 percent of the company’s total sales and it’s total annual revenue increased 37 percent to $5.09 billion.
- According to research firm eMarketer, the mobile advertising business nearly tripled last year to $4 billion and is expected to exceed $7 billion in 2013.
- Facebook was the most used mobile app across iOS and Android devices in the United States in 2012.
”A couple of quarters ago mobile revenues were zero percent of our ads revenue,” Chief Financial Officer David Ebersman said. “Now we’re up to 23 percent and believe there’s a lot of growth ahead of us.”
“Two quarters ago, we really had no mobile revenue,” Ebersman said in an interview. “In the course of a pretty short period of time, we’ve dramatically ramped up our ability to monetize mobile.”
“Marketers are realizing more and more that Facebook is one of the best places to reach customers on mobile,” Facebook COO Sheryl Sandberg said.
- How Facebook is a step closer to replacing old-fashioned cellular voice and texting plans?
The social network, Facebook is rolling out a free calling feature, the ability to make voice calls in its stand-alone Messenger app for the iPhone. The latest update of Facebook’s Messenger app now l…
- List of some of the best people to follow on Viddy – Video-sharing sensation
With Justin Bieber on board, Los Angeles-based startup, Viddy — an Apple’s (NASDAQ:AAPL) iPhone application for shooting 15-second clips — has more than 27 million registered users. Viddy is addin…
- Mark Zuckerberg’s hoodie, Is it a sign of immaturity?
Once Facebook goes public, founder and CEO Mark Zuckerberg is set to make at least $846 Million. Should Investors be Worried about his fashion sense, hoodie or style? Is it a sign of Mark Zuckerberg’s…
- How a marketing genius like Randi Zuckerberg was entangled in a privacy mess?
To understand what had happened in Facebook co-founder and CEO Mark Zuckerberg’s sister How Randi Zuckerberg and how she was entangled in a privacy mess? —- “It’s complicated”. It all started when R…
- Top Technology and Business Trends predictions for 2012 that will affect consumers
For all of you tired of the 2012 hysteria, here are top Technology and Business Trends predictions for 2012 that will affect consumers. Whether it’s Facebook Page or Pages for Google+ or the recently …
- How much would you pay to send a personal Message to Facebook Chief Executive Mark Zuckerberg?
Social media giant, Facebook is testing a new pay-to-message model (a new filtering model) — and Facebook Chief Executive Mark Zuckerberg’s price is $100. Now it looks like, even if you are outside s…
Nasdaq quotes delayed at least 15 minutes, all others at least 20 minutes.
Markets are closed on certain holidays. Stock Market Holiday List
By accessing this page, you agree to the following
Press Release Service provided by PRConnect.
Stock quotes supplied by Telekurs USA
Postage Rates Bots go here