It’s been a volatile week. The struggled to find a direction. There were some big movers. Solar stocks are drawing buyers once again. Both SPWR and FSLR had a strong week. We did a +115% trade on FSLR. MNST gave us a nice intraday pop on Friday. Here are the closed trades for the week:
- 11:46 | Ecstatic Plays GMCR ($44.70) Sold to Close 0222C45 Feb 45 calls, at $0.79 -48%
- 11:18 | Ecstatic Plays IBM ($201.00) Sold to Close 0222C200 Feb 200 calls, at $1.87 +18%
- 11:07 | Ecstatic Plays AAPL ($464.20) Sold to Close 0222C475 Feb 475 calls, at $2.13 -69%
- 08:18 | Ecstatic Plays FSLR ($35.10) Sold to Close 0222C33 Feb 33 calls, at $2.47 +115%
- 07:48 | Ecstatic Plays MNST ($51.40) Sold to Close 03C50 Mar 50 calls, at $4.40 +47%
- 07:39 | Ecstatic Plays MNST ($52.10) Sold to Close 03C50 Mar 50 calls, at $4.00 +33%
- 11:59 | Ecstatic Plays FSLR ($35.00) Sold to Close 022C33 Feb 33 calls, at $2.45 +113%
- 11:21 | HappyTrading QIHU ($32.80) Sold to Close 02C31 Feb 31 calls, at $1.80 +9%
- 11:29 | HappyTrading NFLX ($185.00) Sold to Close 0222C185 Feb 185 calls, at $5.90 +5%
- 07:21 | HappyTrading JOY ($62.80) Sold to Close 02P62.5 Feb 63 put, at $0.42 -80%
- 07:51 | Ecstatic Plays AMZN ($259.00) Sold to Close 02P260 Feb 260 calls, at $3.45 -28%
- 07:09 | HappyTrading C ($44.05) Sold to Close 02C42 Feb 42 calls, at $2.05 +38%
RAX took a huge drop after reporting disappointing results. WFM also took a solid drop, although its earnings did beat analysts’ estimates. IOC has been shooting up higher and higher. It has rallied from $57 to $73 in the past couple of weeks! Speculation on a buyout or asset sale have been fueling the buying in IOC stock. Agriculture stocks were weak. Both CF and AGU took a sizable drop this week. HLF was in the news again, as Icahn revealed a 13% stake in the company. However, HLF basically ended flat after the news.
GOOG continued to make new highs, finishing near $793 for the week. This weekend, there are reports that say Google may open retail stores this year to boost its profile among shoppers. It looks like GOOG could head above $800 next week.
However, the broader market still seems hesitant to push higher. Some stocks have started to roll over. Mining stocks are still very weak. Energy stocks were down on Friday. Agriculture stocks, as mentioned above, finished down for the week. We’ll have to take a closer look at things on Monday evening in my Market Forecast for the new week!
Happy Saturday and HappyTrading! ™
Nasdaq quotes delayed at least 15 minutes, all others at least 20 minutes.
Markets are closed on certain holidays. Stock Market Holiday List
By accessing this page, you agree to the following
Press Release Service provided by PRConnect.
Stock quotes supplied by Telekurs USA
Postage Rates Bots go here