SAN FRANCISCO, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 02/18/13 --
Core News Facts:
- HotelTonight (www.hoteltonight.com), the leading last-minute hotel booking app, today expanded its mobile device offerings, announcing that it has developed a version of its app built specifically for Google's Android tablets running operating systems 4.0 and newer. This expansion broadens HotelTonight's mobile reach and further solidifies its position as the leader in mobile travel.
- Gartner predicts over 665M tablets in use worldwide by 2016 with Android's share being over 37% [TechCrunch] (http://techcrunch.com/2012/04/10/gartner-tablets-apple-ipad-dominate/). In response to this significant market growth and customer demand, HotelTonight has developed apps for both iPad and now Android tablets.
- In the same vein as the HotelTonight iPad app, the Android tablet app is geared to the on-the-go customer who wants a rich, visually-driven experience. The new interface for Android-powered tablets takes advantage of the larger 7" and 10" tablet screen and lets bookers explore HotelTonight's destinations via high-resolution photography.
- Usage on the HotelTonight iPad app has revealed interesting insight into tablet bookings. HotelTonight has found that users typically spend a longer session time interacting with the tablet app than the smartphone app, browsing and exploring the high-resolution, mobile-optimized hotel pictures. HotelTonight has also found that tablet users come back to the app more frequently, and also view more hotels.
- The Android tablet app was developed with this in mind, and features:
- A beautiful, adaptive tablet display based on device orientation. Hold the tablet in either portrait or landscape mode and scroll through a collage of hotel photos.
- A reimagined hotel display that takes advantage of the Android tablet's high-resolution, large screen.
- Quick and easy 8-second hotel booking process with 3-taps and a swipe.
- With today's news, HotelTonight has now gone to market with a total of 4 apps since its launch in January of 2011, further illustrating the company's deep commitment to mobile travel. By building apps that allow users to easily book incredible same-day hotel deals at great properties, HotelTonight is revolutionizing the way consumers book travel.
- HotelTonight is the only hotel booking app that's made for mobile from the ground up. The app has been downloaded more than four million times and is consistently a top travel app in the App Store and Google Play. The app has an average App Store rating of 5 stars and 4.4 out of 5 stars in Google Play.
- 2013 has already been a busy year for HotelTonight. HotelTonight recently expanded its international presence to Germany and Switzerland, and is now available in over 80 destinations and 5 languages worldwide.
- HotelTonight is available for free on iPhone, iPad and any Android device. Download the app here: www.hoteltonight.com/now.
How HotelTonight Works:
- Each day at noon local time, HotelTonight offers last-minute hotel rooms at great values in over 80 destinations across the globe.
- Hotel rooms can be easily booked via the app in less than 10 seconds -- just three taps and a swipe from app launch to completed booking.
- All hotels are personally vetted by HotelTonight staff, given a style category (like Basic, Hip or Luxe) and illustrated by mobile-optimized hotel photos.
- Rooms can be booked until 2 a.m. local time.
Justin Schultz, Lead Android Engineer / Noted Billy Ocean Enthusiast at HotelTonight:
"Google's been a great partner for us since the launch of our Android app, and we're excited to deepen that relationship by developing this app specifically for their Nexus tablets. Many hours and cups of Blue Bottle went into building it in a way that preserves the beauty and simplicity of HotelTonight while adhering to Google's tablet design guidelines, and we're thrilled with the outcome."
HotelTonight was launched in 2011 to provide easy mobile booking of same-day unsold hotel inventory. For consumers, HotelTonight offers incredible convenience and amazing value at quality hotels. For hotels, HotelTonight is a marketplace to fill last-minute rooms that would otherwise remain empty. HotelTonight is currently available in over 80 destinations across the globe. Based in San Francisco, California with a London-based European office, HotelTonight is backed by some of the top venture firms and travel-industry pioneers in the world. Visit www.hoteltonight.com for more information and to download the free app.
HotelTonight Press Contact:
Nasdaq quotes delayed at least 15 minutes, all others at least 20 minutes.
Markets are closed on certain holidays. Stock Market Holiday List
By accessing this page, you agree to the following
Press Release Service provided by PRConnect.
Stock quotes supplied by Telekurs USA
Postage Rates Bots go here