Mexican business magnate Carlos Slim Helu & family remains the world’s richest by far with a net worth of $73 billion, while Microsoft co-founder Bill Gates again took second spot with $67 billion on the Forbes World’s wealthiest people 2013 List: Forbes magazine.
Amancio Ortega, the Spaniard who founded retailer Inditex, ranked 3rd — moves up two spots from 2012, with a net worth of $57 billion, ahead of Investor Warren Buffett, the head of Berkshire Hathaway with a net worth of $53.5 billion.
A record 1,426 billionaires (up 200 from 1,226 in 2012) made the Forbes’ 27th annual ranking of the world’s billionaires List, with an average net worth of $3.8 billion (up from $3.7 billion in 2012).
The total net worth for this year’s billionaires is $5.4 trillion, up from $4.6 trillion last year.
Most of the billionaires are self-made, 961, while 184 inherited their wealth and 281 inherited part of it and are increasing it.
The United States had the most billionaires with 442, followed by Asia-Pacific with 386, Europe with 366, Middle East and Africa with 103 and the Americas, excluding the United States, with 129.
The number of women billionaires rose to 138 from 104. The United States has 50 female billionaires, followed by 35 in Europe and 22 in Asia-Pacific.
Here’s a look at the world’s top 25 richest man and women:
4) Warren Buffett – $53.5 billion – United States
7) David Koch – $34 billion – United States
8) Li Ka-shing – $31 billion – Hong Kong
9) Liliane Bettencourt & family – $30 billion – France
12) Stefan Persson – $28 billion – Sweden
13) Michael Bloomberg – $27 billion – United States
14) Jim Walton – $26.7 billion – United States
15) Sheldon Adelson billion – United States
16) Alice Walton – $26.3 billion – United States
17) S. Robson Walton – $26.1 billion – United States
18) Karl Albrecht – $26 billion – Germany
19) Jeff Bezos – $25.2 billion – United States
22) Mukesh Ambani – $21.5 billion – India
23) Michele Ferrero & family – $20.4 billion – ItalyDON'T MISS: Hit List
- Top 20 List of World’s Richest People in America- American Richest Men and Women
1) Warren Buffett (Known by the nickname Oracle of Omaha. The initial capital of 10 thousand dollars Warren has earned by implementing the a successful business idea - pinball machines for a hairdress...
- Top 20 List of World’s Richest People In Hong Kong- Hong Kong’s Richest Men and Women
Li Ka-shing (is a Chinese business magnate based in Hong Kong. He is the richest person of East Asian descent in the world. Presently, he is the Chairman of Hutchison Whampoa Limited (HWL) and Cheung ...
- Who is The Most Influential Leader In The Business World Right Now?
To find out who is the most influential business leader right now, we have decided to pull together a list of some people I consider powerful and talented. Are you surprised by any of the leaders to m...
- Vikram Pandit happiest man in US: Government now Mexican billionaire Carlos Slim came to Citigroup
The investment firm owned by Mexican billionaire Carlos Slim has purchased a 1% stake in Citigroup Inc., the financial giant recently rescued by the U.S. government, an analyst close to the transactio...
- Mexico pay-television service giant Grupo Televisa is snatching phone customers from Carlos Slim Telefonos de Mexico
Grupo Televisa SA, (NYSE:TV) Mexico’s largest provider of pay-television service, is snatching phone customers from Carlos Slim’s Telefonos de Mexico SAB (NYSE:TMX). Televisa’s cable business, lur...
The post Wealthiest man and women on Earth 2013 List: Top 25 Richest Billionaires appeared first on CEOWORLD Magazine. --------------------- This article was distributed through the CEOWORLD Magazine. Original article "Wealthiest man and women on Earth 2013 List: Top 25 Richest Billionaires" © CEOWORLD Magazine 2013. All rights reserved.
Nasdaq quotes delayed at least 15 minutes, all others at least 20 minutes.
Markets are closed on certain holidays. Stock Market Holiday List
By accessing this page, you agree to the following
Press Release Service provided by PRConnect.
Stock quotes supplied by Telekurs USA
Postage Rates Bots go here