Enterprise Mobile, a business unit of Intermec Technologies (NYSE:IN), and a pioneer in delivering comprehensive mobility managed services, today announced that it has reached a major operational milestone. Enterprise Mobile is pleased to announce that it now has more than 250,000 devices under contract for managed services. The company has developed a wide portfolio of services designed to reduce the cost and complexity of sourcing, deploying, securing and managing mobile devices of any kind. Enterprise Mobile has experience with more than 125 global companies--across retail, transportation, manufacturing, and food services, pharmaceutical and other industries.
“We’re encouraged by the considerable growth of our business over the last several years,” says Bill Pratt, General Manager at Enterprise Mobile. “It speaks to the intensifying need among enterprise IT leaders to identify trusted managed services partners to save time and get a better handle on mobility usage across their operations regardless of device type, industry or use case.”
To help companies address the challenges of planning and executing corporate mobility strategies, Enterprise Mobile is committed to continuously enhancing its multi-platform mobility lifecycle services. This end-to-end delivery framework covers every essential aspect of a mobility strategy, including:
- Strategy Consulting—Enterprise Mobile has been retained by dozens of customers to develop, shape, validate and execute mobility strategies for device selection, application development and distribution, mobile device management (MDM) enablement, platform migration, and more.
- Lifecycle Services—With 250,000 devices managed, Enterprise Mobile is the leader in providing initial device setup and deployment, 24x7x365 customer-branded helpdesk and device depot services, including overnight device replacement, warranty management, and recycling.
- Mobile Device Management Enablement—including working with companies to define security and content management requirements, evaluate vendors, sourcing of solutions, implementation and ongoing administration services.
- Telecom Expense Management—including customer-branded online portal ordering and fulfillment, as well as ongoing wireless investment optimization.
“Given the rapid evolution of mobile hardware, operating systems, and applications—not to mention persistent issues like security and system integration—we’re finding that more companies are looking to partner with a trusted advisor,” says Bill Pratt. “For us, that translates into some really exciting opportunities for growth in 2013 and beyond.”
The growth in the number of devices managed has translated into industry-leading execution, such as:
- More than 75,000 devices configured, staged and kitted annually.
- Handling of 400,000+ end-user support inquiries annually, including inbound helpdesk calls and emails with a more than 85% first call resolution achievement.
- Processing of thousands of device replacements per month due to loss, theft and malfunction.
- Implementation of Mobile Device Management (MDM) software for more than 250 companies representing tens of thousands of licenses.
- Millions of dollars of potential savings across wireless carrier expense management and optimization opportunities.
About Enterprise Mobile
Founded in 2006, Enterprise Mobile, a business unit of Intermec Technologies (NYSE: IN), specializes in delivering the widest range of comprehensive mobility services—from strategic planning and deployment through support and mobile device inventory management. Enterprise Mobile is headquartered in Plano, Texas. For more information, visit: www.enterprisemobile.com
Intermec Inc. (NYSE:IN) is the workflow performance company. We design the leading data capture and information management solutions at the interface between mobile workers, assets, and customers. For more information about Intermec, visit www.intermec.com or call 800-347-2636
Nikolett Bacso, 425-348-2656
Nasdaq quotes delayed at least 15 minutes, all others at least 20 minutes.
Markets are closed on certain holidays. Stock Market Holiday List
By accessing this page, you agree to the following
Press Release Service provided by PRConnect.
Stock quotes supplied by Telekurs USA
Postage Rates Bots go here